Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

Just now, Dr LBC said:

If anyone's going to take one, they'll probably still trade up into the 1st to get the 5th year option in case the guy actually hits.

That’s a media narrative. If the QB hits you’re paying him before the option year anyway and if he doesn’t hit, the option isn’t valuable. They might trade up if they think they need to in order to land their guy, but I don’t believe the option itself is the pull factor that the media thinks it is. 

Just now, JetWash said:

JJ II keeps falling.   Something had to have happened.  

He never looked anything like a top 10 pick to me, even in this draft. Lacks burst and felt a lot of his sacks were because the QB held the ball too long. Good edge setter though. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wasn't a huge fan of his actual play and I thought he beat up on underwhelming tackles at the senior bowl. But it's weird how traits heavy teams can be and then you see JJ not get picked. 

He reminds me of Preston Smith.

Just now, paul-mac said:

That’s a media narrative. If the QB hits you’re paying him before the option year anyway and if he doesn’t hit, the option isn’t valuable. They might trade up if they think they need to in order to land their guy, but I don’t believe the option itself is the pull factor that the media thinks it is. 

You still want the option year to spread out the cap-hit of the bonus money over.