Day 1 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I really, really hope the Vikings can land Willis at #34..

If they wanted Willis, it would be a strange decision risking not just taking him there are 32.

33 is now a prime position to trade up to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I really, really hope the Vikings can land Willis at #34..

I'll be honest, I want Washington to draft him in the 2nd.  The tradition of a running QB drafted in the 2nd round as Carson Wentz's "successor" needs to continue.  Just because it rustles Carson's jimmies so badly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because drafting for need has never blown up in a franchises face...

As long as you dont force the pick. I just dont want to hear ARod say how he has no help at any point of this upcoming season and try to through management under the bus. 

5 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

He did not. He's small with no wingspan and no testing numbers. Its a hard ask for a first round off ball linebacker (the least important defensive position). Much safer bet in round 2.

Wow...anyways

I also want an apology from every nerd that tried to take me to church over Willis on here when I pointed out a 6ft tall QB with a horrible completion% playing against online universities was not going to be desirable

HA

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

As long as you dont force the pick. I just dont want to hear ARod say how he has no help at any point of this upcoming season and try to through management under the bus. 

It's pretty clear based on Rodgers' comments and Gute's actions that there were ZERO WRs anywhere near first round grades.  Doing exactly what you're complaining about is forcing the pick.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, swoosh said:

If they wanted Willis, it would be a strange decision risking not just taking him there are 32.

33 is now a prime position to trade up to.

Yeah if Vikings wanted Willis, he would of been the pick at 32. Vikings aren’t getting him. 

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Dean was a better college LB but the thought (for Packers at least) is that Quay Walker will be the better pro.

So we continue to go with "projection" over production? A 1st is too much for that type of gamble. At least IMO.

Give me the guy that I know knows what he is doing and has showed it against the best over a combine/testing freak with 'untapped potential'. Screw untapped potential. All that means to me is a 150% higher bust rate.

• Like 1