Grade the Packers Draft

Old Guy

Grade the Packers draft  

109 members have voted

1. 1. OK the pickin' is done! How'd we do in your opinion?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Not sure why the topic of the Rooney rule came up in discussion as "Marilyn's" comment didnt mention it or the hiring of black coaches at all.

You can't be serious

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Well, this really pumped me up.

Christian Watson is fast.

Also, the first Quay Walker play is fantastic.

Wyatt looks Aaron Donald like on tape, that man's first step is 🔥 🔥 🔥 

Quay seems to do a fine job of maintaining a kind of balanced leverage in terms of being cautious about cutbacks while still limiting access to the edge. He doesn’t use that speed until he knows he can’t get burned. He is laser focused on the ball and tends to shed blockers without losing sight of it. He doesn’t hit hard, but once his arms are wrapped you’re done.

(Edit: There was a kid who played CB on my son’s HS football team who weighed about 120 sopping wet. They called him “the Bolo” because he brought down opposing players by jumping at them and wrapping his arms AND legs around them. They’d go down like they’d been shrink-wrapped. For as big as he is, Quay sort of tackles that way lol.)

I think I see why one can’t automatically assume he’ll be great—can he shed the faster and stronger linemen in the NFL? It’s a big ask. 

Edited by Uffdaswede

On 5/7/2022 at 10:37 PM, Arthur Penske said:

I know it’s genuinely accepted to mean not much now except for McGinn but kind of interesting Quay (9) and Wyatt (8) both scored below a 10 on the wondelic while Christian Watson  doubled them combined and beat Rodgers by 3 pts with a 38.

Uh-oh, Watson is in Rodgers' doghouse already 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

If Watson knows that the longest Chinese dynasty was the Zhou dynasty he probably ought to keep it to himself around Aaron. 

Everyone knows that the longest Chinese dynasty is Hee Hung-Lo. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 12:30 PM, Uffdaswede said:

Hey, I am with you in this assessment.

But weren't we really just a simple freaking boilerplate just-need-to-be-competent Special Teams unit away from going to the SB?

Our 7th round LB/S puts us over the top.

Honestly?  I feel like drafting Walker lets Barnes be a specials ace.  At least I hope so.

But this draft wasn't about getting over the hump, to me it is about building a better team for the future.

We are now in a position where we shouldn't have to overpay to keep a guard.  And maybe these drafted kids represent an upgrade on the o-line, maybe as starters, certainly as depth.

I think that is why I'm excited about the draft.  We seem to be position the team nicely for the future.

On 5/7/2022 at 10:37 PM, Arthur Penske said:

I know it’s genuinely accepted to mean not much now except for McGinn but kind of interesting Quay (9) and Wyatt (8) both scored below a 10 on the wondelic while Christian Watson  doubled them combined and beat Rodgers by 3 pts with a 38.

I hadn't seen that about Watson.

Now I'm even more excited to think that we have an uber athletic WR who may have a really good brain on him and can understand concepts quickly.