Clowney re-signs with Browns

Forge

13 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The NFL’s all time leader in almost sacks. Never before in NFL history have you had a guy that’s so good at beating his man but never actually sacking the QB

He was a good pass rusher last year. But his worth is in the run game and containing quick qbs. 

31 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

The NFL’s all time leader in almost sacks. Never before in NFL history have you had a guy that’s so good at beating his man but never actually sacking the QB

Love to know Brandon Grahams numbers over his career with that stat?? He too creates lots of pressure, almost sacks the QB, great in the run game but rarely gets home. Except for the SB.

Like Clowney,  he too has never had Dbl digit sacks. Crazy

Edited by Nabbs4u

These types of things coming out from the agent after the signing are always hilarious to me like no…. if Clowney was getting multi year contracts with 14-15 million, then he would be gone. Dude got a deal worth UP TO 11 million. He didn’t even get a straight up 11 on a 1 year deal which is usually supposed to be higher than a player would get on a multi year deal.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kramxel said:

That's a hefty price!

Ehhh i suppose.. the money is almost irrelevant when talking about a one year deal signed after FA and the draft. This move isn’t going to prevent them from signing or re-signing anyone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:
These types of things coming out from the agent after the signing are always hilarious to me like no…. if Clowney was getting multi year contracts with 14-15 million, then he would be gone. Dude got a deal worth UP TO 11 million. He didn’t even get a straight up 11 on a 1 year deal which is usually supposed to be higher than a player would get on a multi year deal.

Completely agree.

Clowney is and always has been a mercenary. No way he would turn down more money for one year, let alone two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

One of the last dominos to drop for Cleveland. Still think they could use a veteran receiver too.

I hear Odell Beckham is available!   ^_^

Seriously though...maybe he would go back with Baker out.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Completely agree.

Clowney is and always has been a mercenary. No way he would turn down more money for one year, let alone two.

Word.

Also, don’t get me wrong…. I like this for Clowney like I said in my first post. It’s nice that he doesn’t have to uproot his family for a 5th year in a row. I like it for the Browns as well, cause he played well as the strong side DE opposite Garrett. He’s a really good run defender and can get some pressure too, even if it doesn’t always result in sacks. It gives Cleveland a proven commodity and they can use Winovich as a rotational rusher. I like Alex Wright who they drafted out of UAB in the 3rd round quite a bit as the eventual replacement as the SDE, but now this allows them to bring him on slowly as he gets used to the uptick in competition.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1