Watson and NFL settle on 11 game suspension, $5M fine

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Gambling is literally the worst offense a professional athlete can do from a purely suspension point of view. It compromises everything about the game, from wins/losses to billions in revenue and lost money. And once you bet, not betting is the same as betting as are different amounts of money. Every single person who does anything in sports at any level of college and beyond knows this. Calvin Ridley is lucky he’s not banned for life.

It hurts Ridley that he isnt a QB. Not sure the suspension would been as long if Arod or Brady had made the bet. But yeah its understandable why the league was so quick and harsh on Ridley

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Gambling is literally the worst offense a professional athlete can do from a purely suspension point of view. It compromises everything about the game, from wins/losses to billions in revenue and lost money. And once you bet, not betting is the same as betting as are different amounts of money. Every single person who does anything in sports at any level of college and beyond knows this. Calvin Ridley is lucky he’s not banned for life.

Like I stated it’s definitely not ok to bet on games I get it and had it been games he had an actual impact In… like games he played in… or games he bet against his team with insider information… I’d understand ur point… because I’m not saying that he shouldn’t have been suspended I think his year was good for what he did because if it went unchecked I’m sure it would have eventually graduated to flat throwing games… But let’s be real… 66 massage therapists and 25 lawsuits… how many of those other 41 women u think he tried and maybe they were cool with it or just don’t want to be involved in the mess that this thing has turned into… We’re talking a clear pattern of behavior that he still won’t even admit wrongdoing in… He feels no remorse and is going to “stand on his innocence” because outside of the fact that it went public.. he could care less… As people we just have to face the facts… He has the most important job in a sport that generates  the most revenue in the country and he plays it at a top 10 level… some would argue top 5 level… if he were a running back he would be suspended indefinitely and it wouldn’t even be news anymore… because no matter the actual suspension his lack of position value (if he played RB) would render him not worth the ridicule that would come along with signing him… 

2 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

Like I stated it’s definitely not ok to bet on games I get it and had it been games he had an actual impact In… like games he played in… or games he bet against his team with insider information… I’d understand ur point… because I’m not saying that he shouldn’t have been suspended I think his year was good for what he did because if it went unchecked I’m sure it would have eventually graduated to flat throwing games… But let’s be real… 66 massage therapists and 25 lawsuits… how many of those other 41 women u think he tried and maybe they were cool with it or just don’t want to be involved in the mess that this thing has turned into… We’re talking a clear pattern of behavior that he still won’t even admit wrongdoing in… He feels no remorse and is going to “stand on his innocence” because outside of the fact that it went public.. he could care less… As people we just have to face the facts… He has the most important job in a sport that generates  the most revenue in the country and he plays it at a top 10 level… some would argue top 5 level… if he were a running back he would be suspended indefinitely and it wouldn’t even be news anymore… because no matter the actual suspension his lack of position value (if he played RB) would render him not worth the ridicule that would come along with signing him… 

There’s a reason every cut player is forced to bring their playbook with them to turn in. The same goes for injured players.

Watson is a false equivalency here.

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Really hope the Houston fans can organize some chants loud enough to be heard on the broadcast 

I’m pretty sure we’ll oblige. If not, you should be able to listen for me in that crowd. I’ll be yelling some stuff.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I’m pretty sure we’ll oblige. If not, you should be able to listen for me in that crowd. I’ll be yelling some stuff.

That game is gonna have to be put on a 10-15 minute broadcast delay just to give them time to edit everything before it goes live.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Someone please explain again how a QB who hasn't played in a year, went 4-12 in that year, and is 28-25 overall, whose only playoff win is due to a horrid call (among other stuff) is going to make the Browns an instant Superb Owl contender in a brand new offense.

Because our roster is loaded outside of WR and TE.

Baker was probably the worst QB in the NFL last year and we won 8 games.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Pete Rose is arguably the biggest villain in sports history and he didnt kill anybody, domestic abuse or take steroids--but he illegally gambled on games. Its the biggest sin you can possibly commit in sports.