Joe Barry'd again

Old Guy

Joe Barry'd  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Packers do about their defensive coordinator?

• Fire MLF, he hired him
    • Fire Joe Barry immediately and get somebody who will play aggressive defense
    • MLF should lay down the law with Barry to stop playing not to lose, get aggressive
    • Ride it out and see what happens this season then make a decision
    • Joe Barry is great

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2022 at 06:46 PM

On 10/25/2022 at 3:08 PM, IHatesnyder said:

He’s the worst DC ever 

yea you guys drop some picks but he’s an idiot . He blitzed 7 guys with no one to defend the flat or the middle while the first down was just 3 yards ? 

They really need to go out an acquire a proven commodity at DC.  Barry has been a failure in two different stints and he's just not the guy if you want to play playoff level defense on a regular basis.  I thought he was solid last year, but this year it's been a huge mess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They really need to go out an acquire a proven commodity at DC.  Barry has been a failure in two different stints and he's just not the guy if you want to play playoff level defense on a regular basis.  I thought he was solid last year, but this year it's been a huge mess. 

He going get fired along with the oc

for sure 

14 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't believe "proven" is a thing. Guys rarely recreate past success for more than a flash. Get a young guy with a good resume. Someone hungry with new ideas.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't want to nitpick here, but who do you have in mind? Any proven, quality DC's will be in line for a promotion, not a lateral move. Any other proven commodities will likely have been fired from a previous role (Barry). If you look outside of those groups, your only option is a head coach who was former DC (Pettine, Capers)

I'm not opposed to moving on from Barry, but I think fans misunderstand who is available on the coaching market. You either take a chance on the unproven, or you accept that your proven guy was a failure somewhere else.

5 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I don't want to nitpick here, but who do you have in mind? Any proven, quality DC's will be in line for a promotion, not a lateral move. Any other proven commodities will likely have been fired from a previous role (Barry). If you look outside of those groups, your only option is a head coach who was former DC (Pettine, Capers)

I'm not opposed to moving on from Barry, but I think fans misunderstand who is available on the coaching market. You either take a chance on the unproven, or you accept that your proven guy was a failure somewhere else.

I have no idea who will be available next season.  I'm thinking of a veteran DC along the lines of Gus Bradley.  He's been good to decent every stop.  Not a doubt in my mind he'd be worlds better than Barry.

18 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Tampa is spiraling down like us.  Since Arians stepped down.

If Bowles is fired, he's a guy I'd take in a heartbeat.  Failed HC who is a strong DC.  

And they'd be foolish to let Bowles leave.  Just throwing a name out there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I have no idea who will be available next season.  I'm thinking of a veteran DC along the lines of Gus Bradley.  He's been good to decent every stop.  Not a doubt in my mind he'd be worlds better than Barry.

That's actually a good suggestion. I do wonder if Indy is interested in letting him go though.

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Tampa is spiraling down like us.  Since Arians stepped down.

If Bowles is fired, he's a guy I'd take in a heartbeat.  Failed HC who is a strong DC.  

And they'd be foolish to let Bowles leave.  Just throwing a name out there.

Dave Aranda, just throwing that name out there.

Second thought.....Mike Zimmer. He'd bring the attitude we want.

Edited by Dubz41

The last proven DC we had was capers. He had precisely 1 good year and was garbage after. I dont know what the answer is but we have to find somebody better than we have had. Weve thrown a ton of draft capital at the defense and gotten very little in return.

1 hour ago, chefj85 said:

The last proven DC we had was capers. He had precisely 1 good year and was garbage after. I dont know what the answer is but we have to find somebody better than we have had. Weve thrown a ton of draft capital at the defense and gotten very little in return.

Need to hire young and hungry defensive coordinators and promote from within.

I

mNeLwl4.jpg

CAN'T

1wdTAn0.jpg

BELIEVE

2YuecWD.jpg

WE'RE

ZsdjsLE.jpg

NOT

7EcPD3V.jpg

STOPPING

RD35lV0.jpg

THE

5BnQ0ON.jpg

RUN.

Jesus Christ, EVERY SINGLE SNAP of our first two drives, not including the goal line reps featured a light box. I don't know if we had a Safety in the box a single standard snap this game. 

How the **** are you supposed to run a defense only playing with 2 deep Safeties???????

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I

mNeLwl4.jpg

CAN'T

1wdTAn0.jpg

BELIEVE

2YuecWD.jpg

WE'RE

ZsdjsLE.jpg

NOT

7EcPD3V.jpg

STOPPING

RD35lV0.jpg

THE

5BnQ0ON.jpg

RUN.

Jesus Christ, EVERY SINGLE SNAP of our first two drives, not including the goal line reps featured a light box. I don't know if we had a Safety in the box a single standard snap this game. 

How the **** are you supposed to run a defense only playing with 2 deep Safeties???????

At least GB didn't get beat deep.  

• Like 1