Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

54 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Or he gets to Reunite with Rodgers there in Vegas

I was just thinking that. Like @AZBearsFan said, Brady probably should either retire (or in my eyes, retire or stay in Tampa). I think this has to be a big sell for Adams. Sure he's *only* a WR but that's a tough deal to get out of, and if they do, it's a tough sell for the fan base there

Rodgers is a hard contract to take on too & to get out of, but who else besides Rodgers makes sense? Would Adams be happy with Stroud or Levis or Young? Meh

2023 1st, 2024 1st, and a 2023 3rd seems too little for Rodgers but considering the contract, it might work for both sides

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That would be an interesting dynamic as well...Rodgers & McDaniels...

Did I not read a while ago that Mark Davis was struggling for funds and the franchise was cash poor?

He is like McCasky's in that his wealth comes from being an NFL owner.

That isn't true for a lot of other owners.  They are mega rich + NFL owners on top of that.  

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

That would be an interesting dynamic as well...Rodgers & McDaniels...

Did I not read a while ago that Mark Davis was struggling for funds and the franchise was cash poor?

I mean havent the Raiders been in that situation, or close to it, for forever now?

But also, why does that matter here? The Raiders wouldnt be the one eating the Dead Money, it would be the Packers taking on that. It would only cost them like an extra $8m+ to trade him right away, and I thin k it would save them more than $15m if he was a Post June 1st Trade. Obviously with having to fit his remaining Cap hit, and his age, its not a massive return for him, especially as Aaron can Dictate where he goes.

Id bet hed rather go to San Fran, but they are going to have barely any Cap room (like $15m total) to fill other holes as well. Id bet Brady ends up there, where he would have to be WAY less of a savior, could take WAY less money than anyone likle Rodgers or Jimmy G would demand, and could just sit comfortably in Shanahan's offense with CMC, Debo and Kittle taking off all the pressure

Vikings look to lose to packers and as long as 49ers win, the Vikings might not be able to rest starters next week. With a loss against us and another 9er win they’d become the 3 seed. An even record between them, 9ers have tiebreaker.

Idk if it matters all that much to them or if they’ll just decide to coast into the playoffs as the 3 anyway 

I figure if the browns beat the commanders and packers beat the lions, the Vikings would prefer to play NYG as the 3 seed than the packers as the 2 seed

Edited by Ty21

We have a real shot at getting the #1 pick and oh how amazing would that be. Poles would definitely be able to get a haul of picks back if that happened.

So if we lose to Minnesota and Houston beats Indy which both of which are very possible then 1 is ours 🤑

• Like 2

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

We have a real shot at getting the #1 pick and oh how amazing would that be. Poles would definitely be able to get a haul of picks back if that happened.

So if we lose to Minnesota and Houston beats Indy which both of which are very possible then 1 is ours 🤑

That’s the dream.  I’m still worried the bears somehow pull one off against a Vikings team that may still be licking their wounds after getting obliterated by the pack.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

No

So, you are going to roll with a running back at QB? Justin Fields could be an upgraded version of Taysom Hill.  

Bryce Young, while small, has the IT factor at quarterback. You don't pass on those type of guys. I wouldn't touch the kid from OSU. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, you are going to roll with a running back at QB? Justin Fields could be an upgraded version of Taysom Hill.  

Bryce Young, while small, has the IT factor at quarterback. You don't pass on those type of guys. I wouldn't touch the kid from OSU. 

Thanks for coming dude...see yourself out.

If we lose we have 1 or 2.  If we win we have no worse than 4. 

Good news that CJ Stroud has looked really good to close season.  

Poles has to be savy in trade dealings.  I think he really needs to trade down at 1 or 2.  Almost no non QB player is worth keeping the pick.  But teams may try to ignore him and pick their qb behind him.  Like Fatal Attraction woman he can’t be ignored.