Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

Assuming we trade Rodgers, I want to keep adding to the DL and Edge in the first round. We have the potential to build a dominant front 7. Myles Murphy and Tyree Wilson would look great in Green and Gold. If Bresee starts to fall in the 1st, would love to see us trade back up into the late 1st and take him. The idea of adding Murphy, Wilson, and Bresee to this defense gives me goose bumps. It would also make Gary expendable depending on how he looks coming back from ACL and the contract he will demand.

From the 2nd round onward, would like to see us take skill positions and OL.  We need to solve our TE position. Mustgrave from Oregon interests me a lot. 

If one of the top QB falls to us, wouldn't mind a move back and picking up a 1st rounder next year. 3 straight years with multiple FRPs would put this team in a very good position for the future.

Edited by Mdpackfan22
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Assuming we trade Rodgers, I want to keep adding to the DL and Edge in the first round. We have the potential to build a dominant front 7. Myles Murphy and Tyree Wilson would look great in Green and Gold. If Bresee starts to fall in the 1st, would love to see us trade back up into the late 1st and take him. The idea of adding Murphy, Wilson, and Bresee to this defense gives me goose bumps. It would also make Gary expendable depending on how he looks coming back from ACL and the contract he will demand.

From the 2nd round onward, would like to see us take skill positions and OL.  We need to solve our TE position. Mustgrave from Oregon interests me a lot. 

If one of the top QB falls to us, wouldn't mind a move back and picking up a 1st rounder next year. 3 straight years with multiple FRPs would put this team in a very good position for the future.

I think we need to think about the trenches on the other side of the ball too. While GB has always been good at getting OL in the mid-rounds, if the right guy is there at 7, 13 or 15 (depending on who we trade 12 to), I'd be looking at Skoronski or another OT. 

If I'm the Packers, I am making the OL a complete open competition at C, RG and RT this summer. Ideally, we would move Tom inside and give him a chance to beat our Myers at C, let Myers compete with Rhyan and Runyan at RG and have competition at RT. That unit got whooped in Week 18 against Detroit, other than Bak/Jenkins, and it has become a very average (and sometimes below average) unit on the right side. We need to get back to the days of having a dominant OL and that could mean putting Myers and/or Runyan on the bench, as well as finding a new RT. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I like the thinking but think this is the year to move down if you can find a dance partner. If fact, move down a few times and stockpile 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks. If we get enough 3rd round picks, we're bound to hit on one or two.

Love to score Siaka Ika at NT, Isaiah Foskey and Derick Hall at EDGE in round 2. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Agree on OL .. DL would be great also IF JOE BARRY wasn't there.  He didn't utilize any of his players to their strengths and don't for see that next year.  Anybody drafted on D would worry me with Barry there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Absolutely no way Murphy and Wilson fall to 7 & 15. You’ll be happy to get Bresee at 15 too. My pick might be the kid from Iowa at 15 if he’s there. 

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I think we need to think about the trenches on the other side of the ball too. While GB has always been good at getting OL in the mid-rounds, if the right guy is there at 7, 13 or 15 (depending on who we trade 12 to), I'd be looking at Skoronski or another OT. 

If I'm the Packers, I am making the OL a complete open competition at C, RG and RT this summer. Ideally, we would move Tom inside and give him a chance to beat our Myers at C, let Myers compete with Rhyan and Runyan at RG and have competition at RT. That unit got whooped in Week 18 against Detroit, other than Bak/Jenkins, and it has become a very average (and sometimes below average) unit on the right side. We need to get back to the days of having a dominant OL and that could mean putting Myers and/or Runyan on the bench, as well as finding a new RT. 

Yeah i dont think twice about a tackle here. In fact its at the top of the list, for what will potentially be sitting there.

I know we're all a little disappointed with Myers this year but I'd still be shocked if they move him from center during that rookie contract. You have Tom and Nijman and rookie fight for RT, the loser is the swing for the year... Who probably gets plenty of PT.. 2nd loser probably steals runyans job.

Rookie OT gets time at 3 spots in the preseason to make his mark. At worst he's 2nd off the bench at best hes starting RT looking at LT year 2.

But myers vs Runyan leans Myers as an athlete all day and continuity vs not is an easy choice. Call it a make or break year for the guys, put i think its an easy call.

6 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Really?  Can he run routes like a WR? I really don’t know, just asking. I do know Faulk had the ability as a WR to probably make a pro bowl there if he’d gone that route. 

Yep, Best route running back since Bush…better than McCaffrey…

Averaged like 14 yds per catch on 60 catches at Texas.

He’s gonna be better than Christian, Henry or Saquon, and look what they do for their prospective teams.

Edited by fattlipp
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Really?  Can he run routes like a WR? I really don’t know, just asking. I do know Faulk had the ability as a WR to probably make a pro bowl there if he’d gone that route. 

I'm not saying Bijan is Marshall Faulk or will be as good as him (that's a stretch because Faulk is one of the greatest to ever do it), but he has the same type of skill set.  The way he picks his way through traffic and his shiftiness is similar, and he has great vision.  He's also a tackle breaking machine and is good in pass pro.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

11 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I'm not saying Bijan is Marshall Faulk or will be as good as him (that's a stretch because Faulk is one of the greatest to ever do it), but he has the same type of skill set.  The way he picks his way through traffic and his shiftiness is similar, and he has great vision.  He's also a tackle breaking machine and is good in pass pro.

I don't feel like he has that top end speed like Faulk did.  Or any of the other great backs who have come out recently.  He's got everything else, in spades, no doubt.

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't feel like he has that top end speed like Faulk did.  Or any of the other great backs who have come out recently.  He's got everything else, in spades, no doubt.

I agree there.  He's fast, but he doesn't have that extra top end gear.  That's the only thing I can think of that he's missing.

I'll also say that I do not in any way expect Gute to take Bijan at 15, but if he did I would understand why.  He's a player that never needs to leave the field on offense and you can do a ton with him with since he's such a good receiver.