Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

You think it would cost you a 4th round pick to move from 15 to overall 13 in the draft?

In the moment it can cost a lot more, or be untradeable and basically worth 0.  So prior to the draft it's a mix of all of those possibilities.  I'd say about a 4th.  But I value 4th more than most I think.

The fourth round is the weirdest rounds to grade pick value since the 4th is usually when you run out of draftable prospects, so a high 4th ought to be much more valuable than a low 4th since the former is getting "one of the last draftable guys" and the latter is "one of the better quality flyer/PFA guys."

Like if the draft were only 4 rounds long, it wouldn't really affect team building that much.

I think the first handful of RD4 picks have decent value since teams are resetting after day 2, and there may be a team looking to move up for someone who dropped.  From there I am in flyer territory, but I assume draftniks would still have plenty of players they liked. 

11 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The fourth round is the weirdest rounds to grade pick value since the 4th is usually when you run out of draftable prospects, so a high 4th ought to be much more valuable than a low 4th since the former is getting "one of the last draftable guys" and the latter is "one of the better quality flyer/PFA guys."

Like if the draft were only 4 rounds long, it wouldn't really affect team building that much.

Strange then to think that the league used to have 12 teams and a 30 round draft.

In 1956 Forrest Gregg was taken in the 2nd round. Bart Starr was taken in the 17th round--of a twelve team draft.

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

Strange then to think that the league used to have 12 teams and a 30 round draft.

I mean, part of that is that there wasn't really free agency back then and a team's ability to evaluate players was much less sophisticated than it is now.  Like these days area scouts are interviewing barbacks and janitors familiar with the prospect to find out what he's like, and those days you might draft a guy on a tip or a rumor.

32 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Heard it here first boys. 2023 was already played and GB stinks! I for one thank the media, without these hard hitting opinion pieces…. I might of just wasted my time.

Let's assume that.  If Jordan Love is as bad as some think he is, the Packers are almost certainly going to be picking top 3.  That means likely either Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Heard it here first boys. 2023 was already played and GB stinks! I for one thank the media, without these hard hitting opinion pieces…. I might of just wasted my time.

What a ******...have to make sure to throw this in his face when Love balls out.  

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 4:23 PM, Mazrimiv said:

Damn.  Gute taking the gloves off now.

Fair game, Rodgers did say in the "right situation" he could become MVP again. You guys seem to forget how Rodgers is a crafty wordsmith. He took a passive aggressive shot at Gute with that qoute and no one caught it.