Who wins?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bengals
    • Chiefs
    • America
    • Carl Cheffers… please not Cheffers

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

It doesn't matter if it was a bang bang play.   That will get called every single time.    Hate the rule all you want, but the refs enforced it properly.

That will get called every time for Patrick Mahomes

I don't think Joe Mixon is getting that call in that situation with that level of contact 

Obviously there were a dozen much more egregious calls that went against the Bengals before that point, that was just the cherry on top

1 minute ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Their defence played above what was necessary to win though. They were elite on their run last year too 

They absolutely did. Burrows' 2 interceptions yielded the Chiefs 0 points. They kept the game closer than it honestly felt going into halftime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Not hit him. He was going out. I hate the Chiefs. I lost $$ on this game because of this. I’m not happy, but I’m not surprised it was called. The NFL is pussified now. You can’t do that.

And yeah, I think it was a bad call, even if it was the “right” call. Like in the NBA, on the final shot, you’re gonna let them play a little more. This should have been one of those cases, but the NFL and the refs are ridiculous. Ossai has to be smarter. 

So just don't chase as a defender if they're headed towards the sidelines? The fact that so many people are in favor of that call just shows how much the NFL has brainwashed it's fans into craving offense. The guy has every right to bust his *** and keep the Chiefs out of FG range,and if he makes contact with Mahomes as he's trying to stop, it shouldn't be a penalty.

• Like 1

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Pause it at the push and slow it down frame by frame. Ossai hits him before Mahomes steps on the white sideline. Such a bang bang play, you don't call that. Especially when its the wrong call. 

I think he made initial contact slightly after Mahomes had stepped out, but it was literally a split-second play from a huge guy sprinting all out. There's nothing much he could have done there. The only mistake I can see was his arm makes it look like he intentionally shoved him. He should have flung his arms out knowing he was going to run into him. But it almost certainly was an instinctual reaction to brace himself.

• Like 2