2022 NFC Championship: 49ers vs. Eagles

DigInBoys

Who will win the NFC Championship?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC Championship?

• 49ers
    • Eagles
    • Toss Up

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Tough way to go out 49ers fans.

That defense is no joke

Yeah, it was rough not having someone who could complete a forward pass for half the game

Or Josh Johnson having a completely unforced FF which broke the game open

GG and GL

Rooting hard for Bengals

1) Don’t like the Chiefs, division rival

2) Both #1 seeds in the Super Bowl is so boring

3) Bengals are a fun team. Originally I was annoyed with them in the playoffs last year because they got so many favorable ref calls against the Raiders and Titans. Soooo many questionable calls both games. But they don’t control that. They are a fun team. Joe Burrow is an easy guy to root for as well. 

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Having someone who can at least attempt a forward pass makes it 10x more watchable.  You go from a 0 percent chance to a 2.5 percent chance...but....there's still a chance.   

It's not like it's a radical idea....they did it for Covid.    

While I agree, that is all on Shanahan! He could of at least attempted some kind of triple option  CMC/Debo/Juszczyk combo in the backfield and ran it down the Eagles throats?

Surprise the Eagles if/when CMC or Juszczyk throw a pass to say Kittke/Ajuk or wheel route. Anything but that. 

Unfortunate every single QB on the 49ers roster was injured. No one's fault just bad luck.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

While I agree, that is all on Shanahan! He could of at least attempted some kind of triple option  CMC/Debo/Juszczyk combo in the backfield and ran it down the Eagles throats?

Surprise the Eagles if/when CMC or Juszczyk throw a pass to say Kittke/Ajuk or wheel route. Anything but that. 

Unfortunate every single QB on the 49ers roster was injured. No one's fault just bad luck.

You can't really just add plays in and designs in like that mid game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Thought CMC was the emergency 3rd string? Nothing was ever added or installed for that potential scenario? Honest question?

Juice is the emergency QB

And no, I don't know of any team that really gameplans that during a week. 

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Let me be clear - PHI earned the W.   Injuries are part of the game.

But from a viewer perspective, no one wins when you literally have 1 team that can't throw the ball.  Not unsuccessful, or bad at it - but literally can't.   It's just painful.  

Even with their 5th QB, it would still be PHI - just it gives the veneer of competition.   That wasn't competition in the 2H.  That's all I'm saying.   And given the league has done 53+1 for Covid - seems a no-brainer to have it again, especially since the league is being more protective of QB's with concussions.   I agree that teams probably should dress 3 if they're facing a strong pass rush team like PHI, but it's not exactly a game-changer for the league to institute this one, since they had it before.    Likely doesn't affect the outcome, but makes it far more watchable than we just witnessed.    Win-win-win all around.   

• Like 2