Brady is retiring for the 2nd time

BroncoSojia

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

But now, as they sit at a projected $55 million over the cap, the Bucs need one last favor from Brady. They need him to sign a contract for 2023, for the minimum salary of $1.1165 million. And then they need to process his retirement after June 1.

Such a contract would reduce Brady’s cap charge to $11.941 million for 2023. Retirement after June 1 would result in $10.776 million in dead money for 2023, and it would push $24.328 million in dead money to 2024.

For Brady, this would keep him from joining another team, if he changes his mind about playing. Even though he may believe right now that he’ll never play again, he could change his mind.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/02/will-tom-brady-re-sign-with-the-buccaneers-for-cap-purposes/

I think this would be the final nail in the coffin. I believe Brees did something similar with the Saints when he retired

If he doesn't sign that contract to give the Bucs cap relief, than there will definitely be a lot of speculation as i don't think filing retirement papers would stop him from returning 

Edited by 49ersfan

• 1 month later...