Brady is retiring for the 2nd time

BroncoSojia

I honestly lost track of how old he was after about age 38 because I just learned to stop waiting for the cliff.

GOAT. It was a pleasure to watch him compete and I even got to see my team end his season in deep playoff runs a few times and that made those runs all the more special. Knowing the Broncos had to face and defeat Brady and seeing them do it.

I am glad I got to see most of his career. Not all, but most. The most worthy of opponents.

Enjoy retirement, and thank you for the entertainment and what you did for football and the hearts and minds of fans everywhere.

• Like 4

Tom Brady embodies everything that makes someone the greatest of all time. He frequently made average players look good/great. He was the epitome lead by example both in practice and during GameDay. He always took what are deemed team friendly contracts. (Not sure he was ever the highest paid QB at any point in his career) He smashed all the records. No matter how much you love him or hate him, I'm grateful to live during the time when I could watch him play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

The Rams won the SB bro and Donald and Von are one of the most lethal pass rusher combos ever. There's really no shame in having some issues dealing with those guys. 

I get all of that. I’m just saying let’s just say the Rams didn’t self implode and they won the game by 30+ do you think Brady would’ve retired for real last offseason? 

Kind of surprised he retired now. All he needed was one more season to break the most game played record (currently held by Adam Vinatieri). But I suppose there are more important things than football and after the disaster that was last season, he probably wants to try and reconcile with his ex-wife and children.

Honestly. I feel better about him already if it's true he isn't trying to push it even farther. I'm so deadly sick of him and the NFL media being all about him all the time. If he's really done, then fine, I can look at him and his great career from a more objective standpoint. 

I think there's a 50-50 chance that he'll be terrible as an announcer. He'll bring his pride and preparation to the job and that might really work, or it might not. As long as he's better than Tony Romo.

I think he won't go back on this one by the time training camps start, but the test will come when the first season ending injuries come. Like if Tua for instance goes out again, which is pretty likely if you ask me, I bet he'll be sorely tempted to step in.

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I like how it's literally under a minute long video. Short and to the point. Didn't even wait until the Super Bowl was played. I would have preferred him coming back but I do like that he didn't keep anyone waiting.

He will wait until the night before the Super Bowl to announce he's returning again............

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

In other news - I had somebody blocked and I had no idea why I had them blocked. (Wouldn't be the first time I forgot why I blocked someone).

After reading that old Brady retirement thread, I remember why I had em blocked.

Give me another chance 

• Like 1