Brady is retiring for the 2nd time

BroncoSojia

1 minute ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Its also fair to say the supporting cast he had his first two years in Tampa was a literal probowl roster across the board. Brady's played well but has been elevated by the talent just as much. Jameis put up 5k yards with those guys as well (and didn't have Gronk/AB/Wirfs/Fournette dashed in there. Part of his unprecedented late run is having that elite roster around him.

Sure, but Jameis also blew that roster with a ton of INT, we always knew he could put up high numbers but had downsides. Brady put up high numbers and eliminated the downsides. The reality is the Bucs weren't all that good this year. 

Brady had basically his typical floor season this year with his team having a bunch of injury issues. That's not surprising. Brady puts up respectable numbers in a bad situation and gives you a Super Bowl shot in a good to great one. Like I said, put him on Miami this year, they probably end up playing at least in the divisional round or even last weekend.

And since it's the TB12 thread - pour one out if he's really done.....GOAT IMO.   Not even close to the most physically talented, but from his transformation from college JAG to his Pipp'ing Drew Bledsoe, a dominant run in NFL that I doubt we see again.    Obviously he had help, but I don't know that we'll see someone play at such a high level for as long as he did.   Nothing but respect. 

• Like 2

I wrote this last time...

On 1/28/2022 at 9:18 PM, ET80 said:

Soak this in, people. You just had a front row seat to football history over the past 20 some years.

Love him or hate him, Tom Brady had a once-in-a-lifetime career we all just witnessed. You'll never see this again, a 6th round pick (#199 overall) who elevated himself to the greatest football player of all time.

Tom Brady is #1. There is no logical debate otherwise, there is no argument on anyone else - and anyone who argues otherwise needs to be dismissed as a contrarian. There is a very wide gap between him and the next guy (probably Jerry Rice, but I digress) and it'll stay that way for a few decades.

Nothing has really changed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It has more do with one playing appearing to be on the rise versus the other one that's on the decline.

Still confused which QB is which? Both declined from thier 2021 overall seasons "statistically". You mean which player is turning 25 and which is 46? Gotcha. 👍

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It has more do with one playing appearing to be on the rise versus the other one that's on the decline.

Herbert played the entire season hurt too. If someone wants to say "even Brady's 'washed up' season is pretty good" - yeah sure, point made. But comparing him to Herbert is cherry picking.