Brady is retiring for the 2nd time

BroncoSojia

40 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Good riddance lol Seriously though it was time. He didn’t want to get hit and thus he wasn’t effective anymore. This season with the Bucs was hard to watch. He fooled people on how the playoffs game against the Rams ended but the Rams self inflicted wounds made that game be interesting. The Rams should’ve blown the Bucs out like the Cowboys did this season in Tampa in the playoffs. 

Fooled people? He was elite last season.

I love how the narrative is that Tom Brady is washed up yet both He and Justin Herbert had almost identical statistical numbers in 2022. Pretty much

67%, 4700yds, 25 TD, 10Int

Both QB spent most of thier seasons missing numerous top end WR's due to injury and had very little running game (30th/32nd) to speak of but were forced to chuck it up 700 GD times.

You want to say he's gonna be 46, physically tired, emotionally spent after getting divorced,  losing his family let's retire go ahead. Stop with the narrative that he fell off a cliff Russell Wilson style when it's not the case.

He could start for the 49ers next year and instantly be an upgrade and the 2023 SB favorites. 

• Like 8

Probably a smart time to retire. I don't doubt he could have played another season (the Bucs overall had issues imo that hindered Brady). The Bucs weren't staying together and there really wasn't another team out there that he could have seamlessly jumped to imo. The 49'ers seem intent on running an ER at QB, the Raiders aren't that talented despite a few decent pieces at the top, and Miami is just going to cause drama at this point with Tua and have the baggage of being in the same division as the Pats. Maybe if Denver wasn't stuck with Wilson that was the spot. 

Anyways, he's the GOAT and really doesn't have anything to prove. If winning in Tampa didn't do it, seeing the Pats have issues this year without him probably did. Assuming this sticks and a magic situation doesn't pop up, everyone else will just be chasing him forever the same way the NBA has been chasing Jordan's ghost. 

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

I love how the narrative is that Tom Brady is washed up yet both He and Justin Herbert had almost identical statistical numbers in 2022. Pretty much

Both QB spent most of thier seasons missing numerous top end WR's due to injury and had very little running game (30th/32nd) to speak of but were forced to chuck it up 700 GD times.

You want to say he's gonna be 46, physically tired, emotionally spent after getting divorced,  losing his family let's retire go ahead. Stop with the narrative that he fell off a cliff Russell Wilson style when it's not the case.

He could start for the 49ers next year and instantly be an upgrade and the 2023 SB favorites. 

Because some fans don't actually watch games. The same things people said about Brady  this year were said in 2019 about him being washed and it was ultimately proven it was more of a team around him issue. Same thing happened in 2013 as well. Brady has a high floor so people look at anything that isn't MVP caliber as being washed. But yeah that was about his typical "team had a lot of issues at WR and some pass protection issues" base for him. It's remarkably similar to 2019. 

If he somehow ended up on the Dolphins next year and was throwing to Hill and Waddle he'd be back in MVP form. 

• Like 2

This man is the absolute G.O.A.T and I hope he stays retired this time purely because I don’t want it to become a farce if will he, won’t he. I live in England and he is far and away the most famous player over here. He put the game on the map over here over the past 20 plus years. I don’t think he was even close to being poor last season I mean I’d do anything to have a QB with stats like that for the Titans 😂

He’s my favourite ever Non-Titan by a mile and I wish him a happy retirement. Thank you Tom Brady. 

11 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Fooled people? He was elite last season.

I was talking about how last season ended. It should’ve been Rams winning by 30+ and Brady was getting beat up by Von, Donald, and that Rams pass rush. Brady literally was bloody in that game. But the Rams had self inflicted errors that helped the Bucs get back in that game with a chance. I’m guessing Brady thought he was so close and wanted to give it another shot. This season was horrible for him. It was time for him to retire. This season confirmed it. 

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Because some fans don't actually watch games. The same things people said about Brady  this year were said in 2019 about him being washed and it was ultimately proven it was more of a team around him issue. Same thing happened in 2013 as well. Brady has a high floor so people look at anything that isn't MVP caliber as being washed. But yeah that was about his typical "team had a lot of issues at WR and some pass protection issues" base for him. It's remarkably similar to 2019. 

If he somehow ended up on the Dolphins next year and was throwing to Hill and Waddle he'd be back in MVP form. 

Its also fair to say the supporting cast he had his first two years in Tampa was a literal probowl roster across the board. Brady's played well but has been elevated by the talent just as much. Jameis put up 5k yards with those guys as well (and didn't have Gronk/AB/Wirfs/Fournette dashed in there. Part of his unprecedented late run is having that elite roster around him.

• Like 1

Just now, stl4life07 said:

I was talking about how last season ended. It should’ve been Rams winning by 30+ and Brady was getting beat up by Von, Donald, and that Rams pass rush. Brady literally was bloody in that game. But the Rams had self inflicted errors that helped the Bucs get back in that game with a chance. I’m guessing Brady thought he was so close and wanted to give it another shot. This season was horrible for him. It was time for him to retire. This season confirmed it. 

The Rams won the SB bro and Donald and Von are one of the most lethal pass rusher combos ever. There's really no shame in having some issues dealing with those guys. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

It has more do with one playing appearing to be on the rise versus the other one that's on the decline.