Bears sign LB Tremaine Edmunds (4 years, $72M, $50M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

22 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

How "front loaded" is it really? Nobody truly front loads their contracts they hand out anymore. It would absolutely be the smart thing to do when you have almost $100 million in cap space, but I doubt they truly did here.

They have to spend cash, so front loading a few priority FA makes more sense than making it a larger Signing Bonus and tying yourself to them for longer years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:
8 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Aw. They miss their ex (Roquan) already.

Well you can’t bring him back sista

Do they though? They just signed two legit LB for the price of Roquan, plus still have their 2nd rd draft pick to use.

They’re not!

3 for 1 combo

Am bears fan, can confirm we do not miss Roquan at all. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Do they though? They just signed two legit LB for the price of Roquan, plus still have thier 2nd rd draft pick to use.

Thier not!

3 for 1 combo

Roquan got 60mil guaranteed for a 5 year deal

I don’t think 50mil guaranteed over 4 for Edmunds supports that math of those 2 LBs being cheaper. It may but I doubt it

Besides stop trying to ruin my ex gf analogy 

• Like 1

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya and then they paid Edmunds this. This is certainly not how I would be building a roster throwing over 90 million dollars at ILB's. Would have rather spent that money on the DL for sure, or at least the Edumnds money.

I hear ya. Not a fan of this. They should have stopped at Edwards.

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Roquan got 60mil guaranteed for a 5 year deal

I don’t think 50mil guaranteed over 4 for Edmunds supports that math of those 2 LBs being cheaper. It may but I doubt it

Besides stop trying to ruin my ex gf analogy 

You are correct. Edwards and Edmounds combined get 62M guaranteed. Still less then the overall $100M if fully paid out.

Never mind the Rookie they also draft in the 2nd.

Also, if/when you lose Lamar, Roquan's new girlfriend is uglier. 😎

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya and then they paid Edmunds this. This is certainly not how I would be building a roster throwing over 90 million dollars at ILB's. Would have rather spent that money on the DL for sure, or at least the Edumnds money.

Which FA DL would you have spent that money on? 

Super weak group of Free Agent DL this year. Might as well spend the money on good players that still have 4+ more years in their prime. They should sign a CB too though. Maybe go after Poyer as well. They could afford to sign Byron Murphy, Jordan Poyer, Orlando Brown or Kaleb McGary, plus Miles Sanders and Dalton Shultz.

Edited by Jeezla