2.42 - Luke Musgrave [TE; Oregon State]

CWood21

Feels like Musgrave is a fisherman who happened to be walking across Lambeau field for a short cut to his secret fishing spot. I get that when he is being interviewed in the locker room. Does anyone else get that vibe?

3 hours ago, svp said:

Feels like Musgrave is a fisherman who happened to be walking across Lambeau field for a short cut to his secret fishing spot. I get that when he is being interviewed in the locker room. Does anyone else get that vibe?

Hes got the tools to be a major weapon.  I'm concerned about his durability and the headhunters who will take their shots at a big target.  

On 8/25/2023 at 1:57 PM, NFLGURU said:

Hes got the tools to be a major weapon.  I'm concerned about his durability and the headhunters who will take their shots at a big target.  

Not sure what kind of big shots you are talking about, but the NFL has legislated out all of the headhunting shots. 

It's a violent game and guys are going to get hit, hard. He's a big boy and the DB's who are going to have the best chance to 'line him up,' are a lot smaller than he is. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'm kindda surprised that LVN isn't on there with his pressures and sacks per snaps played.

His "he's got it" moment was when he ran down Fields and wrapped him up like it was nothing.  Jaw dropping play when I saw it.  So quick, effortless and powerful.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

I got lollz drafting him as a backup TE in fantasy, then starting him.  Freimuth was my starter.  Basically a wash.  Difference is, Musgrave's production is going to drastically increase.

I did basically the same thing except with freaking Kyle Pitts. 

I was very excited by Musgrave. Good game from him. 

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'm kindda surprised that LVN isn't on there with his pressures and sacks per snaps played.

His "he's got it" moment was when he ran down Fields and wrapped him up like it was nothing.  Jaw dropping play when I saw it.  So quick, effortless and powerful.

LVN had a lot of getting stonewalled by mediocre Tackles happening tbh. 

As much as he produced, if he gets it together at the top of the long routes, with better anticipation and body control, he would have had a ridiculous game. I guess he cramped up on that walk in TD but that was a rare opportunity to be that wide open. Hope he starts getting more comfortable and on the same beat as Love, we could see something at TD we haven’t seen around here.

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

As much as he produced, if he gets it together at the top of the long routes, with better anticipation and body control, he would have had a ridiculous game. I guess he cramped up on that walk in TD but that was a rare opportunity to be that wide open. Hope he starts getting more comfortable and on the same beat as Love, we could see something at TD we haven’t seen around here.

I am just glad he caught it.  It was a big play that set up a TD.  I don't really care who scores it.  If anything, it took more time off the clock to make the Bears more desperate.

1 hour ago, Refugee said:

he seemed variably open a lot: but Love had other guys who were also reasonably open to throw to.  I hope that becomes normal:  big-long Musgrave routinely an available good option, but other guys also routinely open so that Love has good choices.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am just glad he caught it.  It was a big play that set up a TD.  I don't really care who scores it.  If anything, it took more time off the clock to make the Bears more desperate.

He had another earlier target where her let up on the route and started backpedaling very early. That would have been a more difficult catch but if he had grabbed that one and also scored a TD on the butterball, the kid would have had a crazy debut. I’m excited for what’s ahead, just keep working on that footwork and timing. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Refugee said:

He had another earlier target where her let up on the route and started backpedaling very early. That would have been a more difficult catch but if he had grabbed that one and also scored a TD on the butterball, the kid would have had a crazy debut. I’m excited for what’s ahead, just keep working on that footwork and timing. 

The odd thing is that I never saw anything but graceful, smooth athleticism from him in camp and pre-season. Now, halfway through his routes he turns into a Little League backup right fielder.

That look on his face after the missed walk-in TD tells you that he is fully aware of how ridiculous that looked, and that he knows he won’t get that open again for a TD if he plays fifteen years in the league. 

23 hours ago, Refugee said:

I did the math and if he had caught both passes clean he would have finished with a 4-115-2 stat line.

I have Kelce in my keeper league, but I'm gonna hold Musgrave too and see how this season plays out. The way he's being incorporated already, it's not hard to imagine him becoming a Pro Bowl  or even All Pro caliber TE.

• Like 1