5.149 - Sean Clifford [QB; Penn State]

CWood21

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Maybe he needs to stick on the roster, just to be the new whipping boy.  Yeah, in fact, he does.

Jake Hanson, Sean Rhyan and Tyler Davis are pulling for him.  

• Like 1

I had a look at QBs taken after the Clifford pick.

Tanner McKee - meh too leggy and not a fan of how he throws.

Max Duggan - ok! not bad. Some nice throws, can run with the ball and then it hit me...it was him who has been throwing accurate balls to the tiniest catch radius ever in Quentin Johnston. That's impressive, why did he fall in the draft? and why did we not draft him instead?

Edited by Chili

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

Max Duggan - ok! not bad. Some nice throws, can run with the ball and then it hit me...it was him who has been throwing accurate balls to the tiniest catch radius ever in Quentin Johnston. That's impressive, why did he fall in the draft? and why did we not draft him instead?

Georgia had the closest thing to an NFL caliber defense last season and they had Max's head spinning in the Natty.  He looked completely lost and out of his element (Big 12 defenses).

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Georgia had the closest thing to an NFL caliber defense last season and they had Max's head spinning in the Natty.  He looked completely lost and out of his element (Big 12 defenses).

Just because he wasn't prepared for the increased level of play doesn't mean he isn't capable of growing into that role - most college QBs were rattled by Georgia. Give him an NFL o-line and a training camp and you have yourself a solid backup QB.

Was having a discussion can't remember which poster about the importance of intangibles at the QB position.  This kid has it in spades.  Intelligent too.  I normally wouldn't care but all the hate over the pick finds me pulling for the kid.  Listening to Aikman was talking about arm strength being overrated when it comes to QB play.  We'll see I'm keeping an open mind.  For all we know the Packers might have just lucked into something here. Maybe he's this year's version of Purdy.  So I'd say step on the brakes and let's see how the kid does in the coming years.  Yah I might just buy his jersey considering the almost universal dislike for the pick.  

Edited by Scoremore

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Well, nothing changed overnight.  This dude, Clifford, still sucks.  I read that during the Combine, he held the clipboard upside down while on the sideline.  

That's because he doesn't know how to read. He's pretty dumb for a smart guy. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, persiandud said:

one of the worst draft picks Gutekunst has ever made

I wanted Max Duggan if we were going to draft a backup QB, at least there's some upside there

Duggan stinks. Terrible accuracy.

12 minutes ago, persiandud said:

i disagree, Duggan was draftable. 

He really wasn't.  If TCU would have gone 6-6 this past season, we'd be talking about him bagging groceries at the local convinience store.