2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

9 hours ago, TB 1 said:

The problem is OLB/pass rush is a must have position in the NFL with all the passing in the modern game.  This also goes back to did Pace make the right picks with Floyd and White as they were both top 10 picks. They have both had a hard time staying healthy.

Their issues are different from each other. White appears to be fragile. Floyd got hurt by friendly fire this year from Fuller which is just an instance of bad luck. Before that he had had no health issues at all this year. Floyd’s injury this year would and could happen to anyone at any time and is completely unavoidable to him and any other player in that instance. 

12 hours ago, G08 said:

I think the story with Leno is that he was just soooo bad at RT. He said he felt very uncomfortable there mechanically. I'm sure with reps that can be fixed but why meds with a good thing? FWIW PFF ranked him as the #14 tackle last season. That's not bad at all. 

I leave Leno at LT. He is solid and durable.

I think the best OL the Bears could have next season would be

LT: Leno

LG: Fulton [FA]: experience in the system, 26, athletic, and can play C if there is an injury.

C: Whitehair

RG: Long

RT: McGlinchey [1st round]: We know him, can play LT if Leno is injured, good athlete, and ready to start day 1.

Backups

Massie: why cut him when we can have a backup OT that has 60 starts

Morgan: hopefully he can take a big step with Heistand

Kush/Later Draft Pick OG: keep giving Harry guys to develop

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WindyCity said:

No doubt that OLB is super important, but there just is not a lot of compelling options out there, unless some how the Lions don't tag Ansah.

I went into the Lions forum a few weeks back and they didn’t seem super sold on giving Ansah a long term extension. That may have had to do with some recency bias and him having been hurt this year, but I found it noteworthy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I went into the Lions forum a few weeks back and they didn’t seem super sold on giving Ansah a long term extension. That may have had to do with some recency bias and him having been hurt this year, but I found it noteworthy. 

Awesome news.

If they would let him walk I would throw big money at him and try to use the lack of interest/faith they showed him as a motivation to get to play them twice a year. Peppers sure as hell liked that notion of going against us.

As a ND fan I've gotten to watch certain players more than their people and I have to say Equanimeous St Brown miiiight be a sleeper. Looked spectacular as a fresh and soph, looked transparent last year but that's mostly due to the worst qb I've ever seen at nd. He is highly athletic, has ideal size, makes sure catches and acrobatic catches and could potentially slip a bit based on all the depth at the position in this draft. Taking him in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th would be amazing and I don't think we would regret the selection.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tyty said:

As a ND fan I've gotten to watch certain players more than their people and I have to say Equanimeous St Brown miiiight be a sleeper. Looked spectacular as a fresh and soph, looked transparent last year but that's mostly due to the worst qb I've ever seen at nd. He is highly athletic, has ideal size, makes sure catches and acrobatic catches and could potentially slip a bit based on all the depth at the position in this draft. Taking him in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th would be amazing and I don't think we would regret the selection.  

I would love McGlichney in round one and St. Brown in round two and throw in josh adams in the 5th

On 1/13/2018 at 11:06 AM, WindyCity said:

I leave Leno at LT. He is solid and durable.

I think the best OL the Bears could have next season would be

LT: Leno

LG: Fulton [FA]: experience in the system, 26, athletic, and can play C if there is an injury.

C: Whitehair

RG: Long

RT: McGlinchey [1st round]: We know him, can play LT if Leno is injured, good athlete, and ready to start day 1.

Backups

Massie: why cut him when we can have a backup OT that has 60 starts

Morgan: hopefully he can take a big step with Heistand

Kush/Later Draft Pick OG: keep giving Harry guys to develop

This is what I'm talking about right here. This could really make our line consistent and potentially dominate if long stays healthy. 

• Like 1

I keep thinking about Quenton Nelson and I really think the Bears can draft him, but there would be a couple of things that would have to happen,

1. You would need to be active in free agency to fix WR and CB, you can't have those as massive needs heading into the draft because you won't have the premium picks to deal with them.

2. You need to seriously look at trading down in the 2nd round. If you cannot throw quality at a couple of serious need spots than throw quantity at them.

3. You need to be realistic about 2018. If you want to compete than take an OLB or CB that will be an immediate upgrade in 2018. Nelson is probably going to be a lateral move in 2018 over Sitton. He will more than likely be better for the next 10 years, but he will not be an immediate massive upgrade like and OLB over whoever is playing that spot.

12 hours ago, Tyty said:

I like St Brown as well. He body catches too much but to make some of the catches he has, you have to have some serious talent. Just needs some coaching/resp to better that habit. Tome he runs some pretty crisp routes, especially at his height.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I like St Brown as well. He body catches too much but to make some of the catches he has, you have to have some serious talent. Just needs some coaching/resp to better that habit. Tome he runs some pretty crisp routes, especially at his height.

I reeeally hate that he went pro this early after such a weak year. Really hurt his stock for what he could've been but he must've not liked it at ND or thought next season would be a lot of the same 

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

I reeeally hate that he went pro this early after such a weak year. Really hurt his stock for what he could've been but he must've not liked it at ND or thought next season would be a lot of the same 

I think he made a really poor decision coming out this year. I think he’s a Day 3 guy right now. He has size for sure but speed is a question IMO, and if he runs slow like a lot of guys his size do (4.65+) I’m not totally sure he’s even drafted. Tall but slow and with average hands? There are 25 guys like that in every draft.