How are those rookies looking?

RaidersAreOne

Jack Conklin is done for the year. So the Dawand Jones era at RT starts now. Last week here’s how he did-

•20 pass blocking snaps
•0 sacks allowed
•0 pressures allowed
•0 hurries allowed

None of our other rookies took snaps and they’re not expected to. Gives me similar vibes to the 2022 class where MJ Emerson is a freaking stud, but the rest of the class does nothing.

Edited by candyman93

4 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Packers rookies really showed out in week 1. Was really impressed with everyone expecting minutes in the game. Could be one of those team changing drafts if they continue to grow off of this game. 

1. Lukas Van Ness - Had an impressive sack chasing down Justin Fields and otherwise had probably his best day as a pro counting preseason. He ranked 3rd out of all rookies in pass rushing grade and had additional 5 pressures to his sack. He also wasn't out of position and played smart. Really impressed after a kind of disappointing preseason.

2. Luke Musgrave - Looked the part had 4 targets on the day with 3 receptions for 50 yards. Ran right by a safety on a play but Love missed him on his 4th reception. If Love would have hit him it would have been 4 receptions 100 yards with a TD. Overall a decent debut. 

2. Jayden Reed - Also looked the part. Had 5 targets with 2 receptions and 50 yards. He also was impressive as a punt returner average 18 yards a return but ripped off a great 30 yard return. Overall pretty happy. 

3. Tucker Kraft - Played a little bit of special teams and offense. Didn't really notice him in either. 

4. Colby Wooden - Had 4 pressures on the day with I believe 1 impressive TFL. Looked good out there. 

5. Sean Clifford - Awesome future HOF human victory cigar. 

5. Dontayvian Wicks - Got the start with Watson out but didn't really have any stats. All 22 showed him open on a number of occasions. His moves off the line were Davante Adams lite and if Watson misses the Atlanta game I expect to see him get some stats this week in Atlanta. Actually really impressed when I watched the tape how often he did get open. Great blocker as well which is why I assume he got the start over Malik Heath. 

6. Karl Brooks - 3 pressures on the day including a sack. Him and Wooden make one heck of a young core backing up Clark and Wyatt. 

6. Anders Carlson - 5 for 5 on xp. 1 for 1 with a 51 yard fg. Heck of a start for a guy who was inconsistent in training camp. 

The 7th rounders didn't play much so i'm just lumping them all in as the ones still on the team were there. 

Incredibly impressive debut for the rookie class. Big contributions on a really good team. Bright future. Sophomores looked really impressive, too. These last two classes could be something special.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

Henry To’o To’o was the 2nd highest graded player on the Texans, per PFF. Anytime I saw him, he was making a nice tackle. This is a good football player.

And now, he’s officially listed as the starting SAM - between last week and a preseason showing that can be described as very good, To’o To’o is looking like a gem of a day 3 selection.

For the Rams from what Ive seen LG Steve Avila looked great. 78 snaps with no pressures or sacks. EDGE Byron Young looked great getting after the QB. Of course the big talk is WR Puka Nacua. He was out there making NFL history. And the scary thing is he couldve had an even bigger day with some of the miscommunication he and Stafford had in the 2nd half. DT Cobi Turner also looked really good getting after the QB. So overall I really liked what I saw from some of the Rams rookies. 

I was pleasantly surprised by how well the defense played as I thought they would struggle early on but get better as the season goes along. The Rams defense in particular in the 2nd half was dominant. I can only remember the 4th Quarter in the NFCCG against the Niners and in 2020 against Washington where the Rams defense looked that dominant. 

On 9/12/2023 at 5:58 PM, ET80 said:

CJ Stroud looked competent despite being under constant duress on Sunday. There were 3-4 drives where he was making things happen, he was dealing to Robert Woods and Nico Collins. The TD has yet to materialize, but he's steady. One thing I didn't know? He can tuck it and run really well. 

Yeah. I'm sold on him now. He's the guy, he's a future top 10 QB.

Under heavy duress, with an OL made up of guys brought in less than a month ago, with no run game to rely on... CJ Stroud went out and was DEALING all over the place. He took a lot of hits, but that didn't phase him. In the rare times he had a clean pocket, he went through his progressions like a seasoned vet and found guys who could make plays.

A win would have been great - but today was promising.

• Like 1