Rack's 2024 Mock Draft - 10th and Final Edition (4/25/24)

rackcs

On 9/14/2023 at 11:16 AM, INbengalfan said:

Just can't see the Bengals going DE/Edge anytime early for a few drafts with Hendrickson, Hubbard, Murchy, Ossai and Sample all with at least two years remaining on their deals after this year. 

My gut says RT or DT in the first couple of rounds then a TE and another DT (one 3t, one NT)

Agreed. Or possibly a WR if a worthy one is available. 

Edited by Jason_Bengal_Fl
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 7:20 PM, LinderFournette said:

Not to over react over a single week but I might move Guard up on the needs list based on scherffs age(31) and our other starter being a FA to be(undecided on wether to resign or not).  Could consider OT as well cuz cam Robinson is a potential Cap Cut and little looked a little shaky today. 

Not to completely overreact but this jags roster needs pass rush help.  Between Josh Allen being a Potential free agent and walkers lack of pass rush ability it's not looking good. 

Maybe Walker would look better if we moved into a 4-3 or at the very least let Walker Rush on the Inside in obvious pass situation 

I wasn't super impressed by JC Latham against Texas, but the fit of the Titans needing a LT seems right on.  Dillard has been a big disappointment.

WR would work too, as would CB.  Titans are pretty desperately lacking resources there.  If they pick late enough, and if the premium positions all had reaches, ILB might even be in play.

• 5 weeks later...

NFL Mock Draft 2.0

Just getting this one in under the wire with about 30 minutes left in October. Keeping the one mock a month going strong! A couple of tough picks in this one. I also tried to play around with ranges a little bit and have some guys going a little higher or lower than I've been seeing them, just to keep things fresh. As always please shares thoughts and comments. Always love talking draft. Next month: two rounds.

Round 1  
Team Pick
Arizona Cardinals Caleb Williams, QB, USC
Chicago Bears (Carolina) Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina
Chicago Bears Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State
New York Giants Olu Fashanu, OT, Penn State
New England Patriots Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
Green Bay Packers Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State
Indianapolis Colts Dallas Turner, EDGE, Alabama
Denver Broncos Jared Verse, EDGE, Florida State
Los Angeles Rams Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
Washington Commanders J.T. Tuimoloau, EDGE, Ohio State
Arizona Cardinals (Houston) Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
Las Vegas Raiders Jer'Zahn Newton, INT, Illinois
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
Los Angeles Chargers Cooper DeJean, CB, Iowa
Tennessee Titans Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia
New Orleans Saints Emeka Egbuka, WR, Ohio State
New York Jets JC Latham, OT, Alabama
Cincinnati Bengals Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
Atlanta Falcons Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA
Minnesota Vikings JJ McCarthy, QB, Michigan
Pittsburgh Steelers Nate Wiggins, CB, Clemson
Houston Texans (Cleveland) Leonard Taylor, Miami
San Francisco 49ers Graham Barton, OL, Duke
Buffalo Bills Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia
Detroit Lions Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn State
Dallas Cowboys Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon
Jacksonville Jaguars Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington
Baltimore Ravens Kris Jenkins, INT, Michigan
Seattle Seahawks Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas
Miami Dolphins Patrick Paul, OT, Houston
Kansas City Chiefs Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
Philadelphia Eagles Denzel Burke, CB, Ohio State
  • Like 3

I wouldn't argue with CB for the Bengals, but I think they could go in several different ways.  OL, DT, TE, WR, and CB are all pretty viable options.  I think they most likely tag Tee Higgins next year, but currently he is in the last year of his deal, as is Tyler Boyd who will be 29 next season so i'm not sure if he gets a 3rd contract unless it's on a relatively team friendly deal.  Jonah Williams is on the last year of his deal, and Cordell Volson hasn't progressed like the team hoped he would, so a couple OL spots could be upgraded.  DJ Reader and BJ Hill have been a good starting unit at DT, but the depth behind them is thin.  They have the worst TE room in the league, but i'm not sure if Taylor and Co value TE enough to take one in round 1.  They have two good young CB in Cam Taylor-Britt and DJ Turner, but Awuzie is in the last year of his deal and has had injury issues, and Hilton is getting older as well, so I wouldn't rule out CB in rd 1, it's a position they very much value and will almost certainly take one before day 3.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 5:36 AM, Scoundrel said:

Hard to argue with Denver’s pick now that they pick 8… and probably are justifying keeping Russ which I really didn’t want. More seasons of being a bottom dweller are ahead.

I think they'd probably consider a QB if they felt one were good enough to take there but I didn't really have one in that range I felt comfortable with.

On 11/1/2023 at 8:29 AM, THE DUKE said:

I wouldn't argue with CB for the Bengals, but I think they could go in several different ways.  OL, DT, TE, WR, and CB are all pretty viable options.  I think they most likely tag Tee Higgins next year, but currently he is in the last year of his deal, as is Tyler Boyd who will be 29 next season so i'm not sure if he gets a 3rd contract unless it's on a relatively team friendly deal.  Jonah Williams is on the last year of his deal, and Cordell Volson hasn't progressed like the team hoped he would, so a couple OL spots could be upgraded.  DJ Reader and BJ Hill have been a good starting unit at DT, but the depth behind them is thin.  They have the worst TE room in the league, but i'm not sure if Taylor and Co value TE enough to take one in round 1.  They have two good young CB in Cam Taylor-Britt and DJ Turner, but Awuzie is in the last year of his deal and has had injury issues, and Hilton is getting older as well, so I wouldn't rule out CB in rd 1, it's a position they very much value and will almost certainly take one before day 3.

I did consider most of those positions for the Bengals but ultimately felt that McKinstry was the best value/need fit for the Bengals there.

18 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

At this point with Ridder project officially over this will have to be a QB one or way or another because next year AS will be a dead man walking if he can't get this team to last the 1st round of the playoffs 

Yeah I hadn't seen the announcement that he'd be benched when I made the mock. I did consider McCarthy there but went in another direction. I definitely think QB is a strong consideration for the Falcons.

17 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I don't know about other Jet fans but I rather Jets not to draft another 360lb T in 1st round.  Latu being available for that pick makes me sad.

You don't think Malachi Corley or Xavier Legette will end up in 1st?  How about OT Jordan Morgan?

Based on what I've seen and heard so far, I have Corley and Legette pretty firmly in day 2 territory. This is a really strong WR class. Morgan is someone I considered in the back half of the first round but just didn't find a spot for him.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Falconof Shadows said:

At this point with Ridder project officially over this will have to be a QB one or way or another because next year AS will be a dead man walking if he can't get this team to last the 1st round of the playoffs 

I don't think there's any QBs at the end of the first round worth wasting a draft pick on right now. Only QBs worth a 1st in this year's draft are Caleb and Maye, and they're both long gone. I'd love Latu here.

I don’t think you can justify the Giants spending ANOTHER top 10 pick on an OT,  even with how bad their OL is. They haven't really proved they can develop OL, and it would be a bad use of resources after spending multiple very high picks on the OL in recent years. If we finish with the 4th pick, give us your 3rd QB, or if you think that is way too early, go with your 2nd WR. An EDGE rusher wouldn't be a bad pick either; Kayvon is on his way to proving his draft position, but Azeez cannot stay healthy at all and we badly need help across from Thibs. 

• Like 1