Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

pwny

3 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Wu definitely should have been the primary antagonist. 

I feel like in both movies the new "dino" was wasted. Really could have done more with both. 

Idk about the 1st JW new dino was wasted because they did make him play the antagonist very well but i 100% agree the IndoRaptor was wasted. 

Wu should have had a much bigger role as well. With that said I still found it to be an enjoyable movie as a stand alone. If they really want them to flow though they would have had to have done the 1st JW different as well as the 2nd

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Underwhelming. I went in with low expectations just wanting to watch some dinosaurs, and felt that even then the plot was a rehash and too many stupid decisions, as well as some pretty awful characters.

yes. plus the fact that most of the dinosaur scenes were filmed in dark or rainy conditions, so the detail shown was less. contrast that with the first scene in Spielberg's original movie where Hammond shows Grant and Ellie multiple dinosaurs outside in full sunlight. there was a sense of grandeur to that scene, but Fallen Kingdom really had none.

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Underwhelming. I went in with low expectations just wanting to watch some dinosaurs, and felt that even then the plot was a rehash and too many stupid decisions, as well as some pretty awful characters.

I agree.  I went and saw it yesterday with my son.  I wasn't expecting much, since I became bored with the whole concept after the original, and still was even less impressed than that.  The villains weren't all that vicious and the heroes weren't all that heroic.  The only thing saving the movie was the girl, Maisey.    

3 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

$5 Tuesday so I decided I'm going to catch it again. See what all I may have missed the first time.

Yeah, I'm pretty much guaranteed to love any Jurassic Park/World movie much like I am with the Scream franchise but this is easily the weakest one since Jurassic Park 3. I'd rank them;

1. Jurassic Park
2. Jurassic World
3. The Lost World: Jurassic Park
4. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
5. Jurassic Park 3

On 6/24/2018 at 7:12 PM, Bullet Club said:

I thought the director did a pretty good job with a garbage story. The stupidity of characters in this film is astounding. 

Pretty much this esp the characters being beyond stupid.  I liked some of the visual choices the director and DP made like seeing the silhouette of the Indoraptor on the wall each time they zapped it with basically the electrostaff that General Grievous' guardsmen used.  LoL.

Now give me a sequel where the world's best hunters and military unit hunt down and kill all the loose dinosaurs.  JP:LW kind of touched on this idea but it wasn't the focus of the movie and it didn't last long.  Give us some really interesting actors as hunters/mercs.

I saw it on Friday, and I thought it was pretty average at best. The first half was good, but the second half was a tedious bore to sit through. Once:

they got the dinosaurs off the island

I immediately lost any and all interest. I also didn't care one bit for any of the new characters in the film, Pratt and Howard once again had to carry it.

5.5/10

1. Jurassic Park

2. The Lost World: Jurassic Park

3. Jurassic World

4. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

5. Jurassic Park 3

Probably how I've got them ranked at the minute. STOP IT WITH THE CHEESINESS JURASSIC WORLD, I go in expecting it but it's so annoying, the first ones weren't like that but you know you're gonna get it now. There was one character in particular who was only there for 'comic' relief, I'd have happily had him ravaged by raptors in minute one.

Archived