Are the Chiefs the bad guys? v4.0

notthatbluestuff

39 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Toney was also lined up on the hash, not way out wide, where the ref actually might have said something to him.  I've seen plenty of "warnings" out wide, and never, ever seen a ref run to an inline receiver to help them line up correctly.

They wouldn't run up to them pre-snap, that's not what Reid and others have talked about when they talk about a warning. They would give them a heads up between plays. First time Toney is too far forward, you let him or the coaches know after the play hey, 19 is a bit too far up, fix it or we're going to have to flag it going forward. It's fairly common on alignment infractions where a player is offsides or a formation is illegal, but it's by a small enough margin to not be considered really impacting the play or providing an unfair advantage.

• Like 1

Ok let’s just be honest for a moment. If you want to say that Toney is not offsides and it’s ok to crowd the ball like that because of the letter of the rule, fine. 

but if we are going to do that, then the correct call is illegal formation because if Toney is on the line of scrimmage then their tackles are definitely in the backfield. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The Chiefs have been villains for awhile now. I think what is happening now is people are starting to see who Mahomes is as a person.

You’ve said this but do you have any evidence? Past instances etc. Most agree that this was completely out of character for Mahomes; why do you think this is who he is?

• Like 3

Mahomes has been pretty level headed throughout his career. He's been a saint this year up until now. I can't even imagine how frustrated he must be with his team. His receivers (outside of Kelce) are among the worst in NFL history and continually seem to cost them big time plays and even games. It literally does not matter what they do as a team, the receivers will blow it. Even down to lining up offsides.

His brother is a terrible human being and people constantly go after his wife. I think a lot of us have been waiting for something to happen but this wasn't really a big deal.

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

You’ve said this but do you have any evidence? Past instances etc. Most agree that this was completely out of character for Mahomes; why do you think this is who he is?

Instances, no. At least nothing that would be comparable to this. Though tbf, there's basically never been an instance like this from a QB. He's had an entitled attitude for awhile now. I also live in KC so do hear more things about him. 

I also don't give him a pass for his family. He doesn't distance himself at all from them and they range from at best poor sports to at worse sexual predators. 

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Instances, no. At least nothing that would be comparable to this. ... I also live in KC so do hear more things about him....

Like what?

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

I also don't give him a pass for his family. He doesn't distance himself at all from them and they range from at best poor sports to at worse sexual predators. 

"Guy doesn't distance himself from his wife and she's a poor sport"

-----------------

This is how we know we are the bad guys lol.

Between the guy complaining about a non-call from 5 years ago to this, it's obvious some folks have just been waiting for something to try to justify their hate.

But I can't really throw stones because I have irrationally hated CLE since the LeBron decision and I have irrationally hated PHI since before it was cool.

But at least I'm honest that I'm just a hater haha.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 4:03 AM, Nightmare said:

The rest of the league is now finally catching up to where the AFC West has been for the last few years, where they absolutely have been the consensus villains.

? Only the Chiefs  have lived up to that divisions hype for the past 3-4 seasons 😆 

Edited by Blackstar12