Playoffs! Rd. 1 -Green Bay at Dallas- House Money Game

Refugee

33 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

But he did pretty well against Mahomes and Goff in back to back weeks.  I would move on from Barry, but they have shown the ability to play good defense at times .. just no real consistency this season.  The situational gaffes and failures to stop the bleeding would lead me to look for a big upgrade.

THIS .. the defense can play well when they are let loose.  He just doesn't do it enough.  

39 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Really? I expect it would take  a incredible run in which the defense plays great to even give him a chance.

Doing well against Jarron Hall and Justin Fields means very little. 

They just need to show him the Panthers point totals for their final 5 games of the season and that alone should be enough to get through to him

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The game against Detroit was kind of an illusion though. Gary wrecked that game, almost by himself, including the freak play, fumble TD that basically broke the game open. Barry's defense (and any defense) works when the pass rush dominates. It's when our pass rush is only "okay" or "bad" does our defense completely fall apart. That's the main issue with Barry. 

Yeah .. agreed.  If we don't get the heat on it's usually ugly.  Might be a little better with a fairly healthy Jaire in there.  He was out during some of that tough stretch, and that compounded the problem.  Walker was out for some games as well.  We're about as healthy as we've been all season, so maybe we'd have more of a fighting chance.  Also in there somewhere Rasul was shipped out.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

I guess I don't trust MLF to pull the plug on this guy.  🙁

We'll see.  MLF may be shortening his own leash by retaining him, but that would be Murphys call who has one season left.  Murphy probably leaves that decision for the next guy.

He could also extend Gute and MLF on his way out the door??

Should be interesting.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. agreed.  If we don't get the heat on it's usually ugly.  Might be a little better with a fairly healthy Jaire in there.  He was out during some of that tough stretch, and that compounded the problem.  Walker was out for some games as well.  We're about as healthy as we've been all season, so maybe we'd have more of a fighting chance.  Also in there somewhere Rasul was shipped out.  

Immediate aftermath of Rasul being traded was the winning streak.  I doubt very much that it was because of trading Rasul, but that is what happened. 

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Immediate aftermath of Rasul being traded was the winning streak.  I doubt very much that it was because of trading Rasul, but that is what happened. 

I think the truth might lie someplace in between. Rasul was starting to get very outspoken about some things that probably need to be kept in the locker room. He was frustrated and wanted to win. Consequently, he wanted out of GB and probably a lot of people knew it. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think the truth might lie someplace in between. Rasul was starting to get very outspoken about some things that probably need to be kept in the locker room. He was frustrated and wanted to win. Consequently, he wanted out of GB and probably a lot of people knew it. 

Yeah, probably more to this than we know.  Good player.

9 hours ago, R T said:

It's always interesting when fans of one team enter a thread of another team looking for assurance their team is the better team and should win the game. Everyone knows the Cowboys are supposed to win the game, if they didn't know when the game was determined by Sunday's results, they understood it when Vagas made the Cowboys a 7.5-point favorite Sunday night.

You are looking for Packer fans to agree with you on why they should lose, but that is not how achievers in this world think. Achievers think about how they can do something, not how they can't do something. How they can win, not how they can lose. 

Now there are plenty of mental midgets here that have been emotionally hedging with this team since the Rodgers trade but most of those people are holed up in their safe places now over concerns their heads may explode over what has happened and what still could happen. The Packers team is made up of achievers and are only thinking about winning. It is why when they found themselves at 2-5 on the season that they kept grinding. It is why when they needed to win their last 3 games to get in, they kept grinding. See the Packers are already in playoff mode and have been for 3 weeks now and that means something. 

Who wins on Sunday is yet to be determined, but the Packers have a chance because they believe they can. That locker room has found their leader, a guy that has done things Farve and Rodgers didn't do as a first-year starter. He made the playoffs in his first season as a starter, he won the play in game that Rodgers sh*t the bed attempting to do a season ago. Now he will attempt to go to Dallas a win his first playoff game, the same city where Favre had his first playoff lose. Just maybe Love achieves one more thing that the greats before him did not do. Maybe.     

.. what? I’ve said pretty much none of this. It’s a rather large assumption that I came here for assurance of anything. I simply saw a questionable point and offered my two cents. It’s not that deep. The rest is obvious, and I don’t particularly need assurance of a basic fact. Of course GB is the underdog - they barely got into the last WC spot late in the season even with some questionable performances. That said, of course they should come out swinging and I expect that they will.

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

.. what? I’ve said pretty much none of this. It’s a rather large assumption that I came here for assurance of anything. I simply saw a questionable point and offered my two cents. It’s not that deep. 

What's your favorite? 

Pin on Green Bay Packers

Dez Bryant Catch or Nah - Imgflip

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

.. what? I’ve said pretty much none of this. It’s a rather large assumption that I came here for assurance of anything. I simply saw a questionable point and offered my two cents. It’s not that deep. The rest is obvious, and I don’t particularly need assurance of a basic fact. Of course GB is the underdog - they barely got into the last WC spot late in the season even with some questionable performances. That said, of course they should come out swinging and I expect that they will.

You sir ... are a troll.  You come in here, offered you two cents worth and then are butt hurt with the results.  You sir ... are a good example why many folks dislike the Cowboys and their fans.