2024 Packers Draft Immediate Thoughts

Favorite Pick  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite pick of the 2024 Packers draft?

• Jordan Morgan
    • Edgerrin Cooper
    • Javon Bullard
    • Marshawn Lloyd
    • Ty'Ron Hopper
    • Evan Williams
    • Jacob Monk
    • Kitan Oladapo
    • Travis Glover
    • Michael Pratt
    • Kalen King
    • UDFA - Provide Name

With Elliot wolf running the patriots. Did he follow the gute principles and maybe take a few of our guys or did he have his own draft rules I wonder.

still believe in e made the right choice with gute and not wolf as gm.

• Like 3

Going off of the Eagles talk, didn't the joke used to be that the Bengals scouting department consisted of an intern the owner sent to a bookstore to pick up a few draft guides?

54 minutes ago, hoekd0250 said:

With Elliot wolf running the patriots. Did he follow the gute principles and maybe take a few of our guys or did he have his own draft rules I wonder.

still believe in e made the right choice with gute and not wolf as gm.

I took a peek at their draft. Strange, given their draft position, that I did not recognize anyone after Drake Maye.

That's not to say that EW might NOT be a boy genius swimming so far out of the consensus lanes.

But I always thought that he leaned more nepotism than pedigree and wasn't sad to see him go.

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

I took a peek at their draft. Strange, given their draft position, that I did not recognize anyone after Drake Maye.

That's not to say that EW might NOT be a boy genius swimming so far out of the consensus lanes.

But I always thought that he leaned more nepotism than pedigree and wasn't sad to see him go.

Have been following him from a distance.  Never was impressed with Wolf.  He sucks. Thank god we hired Gute.  

20 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I've always believed that the media or consensus big boards are a mix of a ton of cognitive bias slapped into one list. You first have an anchoring bias with a ton of plagiarism where all these draft analysts are going off of the first few prominent members boards. They do not want to be the weird list so they line up prospects based on the lists that came before them. Add that in with a whopping amount of availability heuristic and you have the media big boards. Although I do think there is some stock in them I don't believe there are 1000 media big boards where they all sat down and reviewed the tape on 300 players and each all came to almost the same exact realizations. There all just copying each other. 

Pearl Clutching Meme Generator - Imgflip

<<**gasp**>> says the media

3 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I think he had some level of competence but he was and is very young. You’ve got to learn how to be a scout and that takes time,  and going on the road sometimes to obscure places,  and building a network you can trust. No way he was stronger in those aspects than Gute when we made our decision and it’s doubtful that he’s better at it now. I hope he can prove something for himself being in his dad’s shadow but it’s a cold business and even guys who do a decent job can get canned if things out of their control go wrong. 

4 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I mean all of their players were well recognizable names within the draft community.

Patriots had a very Packers draft, good picks early and late, some weird OL reaches in the middle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

Have they announced the jersey numbers to the rest of the rookies yet? I only see #s assigned to the day 1&2 picks

• OL Jordan Morgan: #77
  • LB Edgerrin Cooper: #56
  • S Javon Bullard: #20
  • RB MarShawn Lloyd: #32
  • LB Ty’Ron Hopper: #59
  • S Evan Williams: #33
  • OL Jacob Monk: #62
  • S Kitan Oladapo: #27
  • OL Travis Glover: #79
  • QB Michael Pratt: #17
  • CB Kalen King: #34
  • Like 1