Malik Willis traded to Packers for 7th round pick

HeresAGuy

Tannehill's probably worthwhile if we only need to play .500 ball for two games, but it won't happen. Management will think about it after going 0-2 or 0-3 with the current options and Love still sidelined, and maybe he'll caretake the team to a win after that.

In short, it's going to be an unsatisfying and frustrating adventure even if we go and get him.

15 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

As a Packers fan who lives in Nashville, I cannot express how horrifyingly awful Malik Willis is as a QB.

His decision-making is among the worst I have ever seen.

I've not seen anything in Willis to inspire confidence.

But Gutey is the man who does this for a living.  He cut two of his own draft picks including Pratt (who performed better than most were expecting in camp) and gave up another pick for Willis.  He did this to acquire a back-up not a developmental future starter so there must be something in Willis that they think will make him work as a short-term back-up.  There must be reason why they think his game will translate into this kind of situation otherwise they would have kept one of the guys they cut.

So if we start with him,  going to give Gutey benefit of the doubt with some misplaced confidence.

Speaking strictly for the short term, MLF has already made comments to the effect that the TEN offenses Willis has been in don't have as much in common with the GB offense as he thought, so Willis had more to learn than expected when the trade was made.  That being said, I don't see where Love being injured changes anything in the QB2/QB3 pecking order.  Willis was active over Clifford in week 1, so I have to assume Willis will be the starter in week 2.  I also assume Willis will be on a short leash, with Clifford ready to be step in if (when?) things go poorly for the offense in the first half.

2 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Whatever happened to Pratt? I thought he looked decent in preseason. 

I think he was just marginally better than Clifford.  But the team decided not to pursue him after cut down, so as an assumption, he must have been difficult in some way.  I don't want to speculate further than that, because that would be me just making things up, but it was reported pretty quickly after the close of camp that Pratt would not be returning.  He signed with someone's PS, I believe Jacksonville, but don't hold me to that. 

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think he was just marginally better than Clifford.  But the team decided not to pursue him after cut down, so as an assumption, he must have been difficult in some way.  I don't want to speculate further than that, because that would be me just making things up, but it was reported pretty quickly after the close of camp that Pratt would not be returning.  He signed with someone's PS, I believe Jacksonville, but don't hold me to that. 

Much like the Anders miss in the final pre-season game, I think Pratt's ugly INT in that same game cost him his spot with GB.

2 hours ago, joeybrowner47 said:

Whatever happened to Pratt? I thought he looked decent in preseason. 

Tampa's PS.  Didn't really do enough to justify being kept over Clifford who is garbage, but Clifford at least had a year in the system.