Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is a lot of competition for guard and virtually none for tackle is my issue.  I am thinking Patrick and Hanson are the centers moving beyond 2020, and I have no problem there.  I just go back to not having depth for the tackle position.  If either Bakhtiari or Wagner get injured, we are pretty boned.

You have Light and the option to move Turner over? What's wrong with the Tackle depth?

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You have Light and the option to move Turner over? What's wrong with the Tackle depth?

You answered the question within the question.  Light and Turner.  

We will see when camp starts.  Maybe I am worried about nothing (and worried is too strong of a word).  As I have said before, I probably would have been completely fine if Runyan was called tackle instead of guard.

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We will see when camp starts.  Maybe I am worried about nothing (and worried is too strong of a word).  As I have said before, I probably would have been completely fine if Runyan was called tackle instead of guard.

It's not like Turner hasn't played Tackle before in the pros?

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

If they're ok with the athlete the Wagner is at tackle I'm sure runyan can get some reps out there.

14 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Anybody else watching last year's divisional game vs Seattle on NFL Network? I miss football, but this helps. 

Saw it was on while flipping the channels. I paused....then kept on flipping.

CHTV - What has really gotten under my skin is this notion that the only reason Green Bay had a great season last year is because of a string of pure, lucky breaks.....  That the Packers are a mediocre team that only won because everything went their way.   

The luckiest of these is the perception the Packers stayed incredibly healthy all season long. Did they really? Each year Football Outsiders uses a complex formula to determine a ranking of NFL teams according to how severely they were affected by injuries. They call it AGL, which stands for Adjusted Games Lost. The team least affected is ranked number one, and so on. For 2019, the Packers ranked 14th. Middle of the pack. Lucky? Lucky is relative. Green Bay was lucky with injuries compared to 2018, when they were ranked 22nd. But nearly half of the league was "luckier" than them in 2019.

Here's a look at a handful of other "lucky" breaks the Packers received last season:

• The Packers should have lost at home to Detroit, but they were bailed out by two incorrect hands to the face penalties on the final drive.
  • Green Bay got to play Kansas City when the Chiefs were without Patrick Mahomes.
  • Oakland quarterback Derrick Carr's fumble out of the end zone cost the Raiders the chance to take the lead at halftime and completely changed the game.
  • Green Bay played the Vikings when Dalvin Cook was injured.
  • Green Bay played at Detroit in Week 17 when Matthew Stafford was out.

What say you?

1 minute ago, Leader said:

CHTV - What has really gotten under my skin is this notion that the only reason Green Bay had a great season last year is because of a string of pure, lucky breaks.....  That the Packers are a mediocre team that only won because everything went their way.   

The luckiest of these is the perception the Packers stayed incredibly healthy all season long. Did they really? Each year Football Outsiders uses a complex formula to determine a ranking of NFL teams according to how severely they were affected by injuries. They call it AGL, which stands for Adjusted Games Lost. The team least affected is ranked number one, and so on. For 2019, the Packers ranked 14th. Middle of the pack. Lucky? Lucky is relative. Green Bay was lucky with injuries compared to 2018, when they were ranked 22nd. But nearly half of the league was "luckier" than them in 2019.

Here's a look at a handful of other "lucky" breaks the Packers received last season:

• The Packers should have lost at home to Detroit, but they were bailed out by two incorrect hands to the face penalties on the final drive.
  • Green Bay got to play Kansas City when the Chiefs were without Patrick Mahomes.
  • Oakland quarterback Derrick Carr's fumble out of the end zone cost the Raiders the chance to take the lead at halftime and completely changed the game.
  • Green Bay played the Vikings when Dalvin Cook was injured.
  • Green Bay played at Detroit in Week 17 when Matthew Stafford was out.

What say you?

#1 is only the real "outside of normal football stuff that just happens" lucky break.