Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Which team is disliked more by Packer fans.......

The Bears or Vikings?

I legitimately like Bears fans, and I think at the end of the day after a few shots are fired for fun each fan base respects the rivalry we have. I've never really met a none bitter Vikings fan, but I've also been in Florida since 96 so the sample size isn't great. For me it would bother me to watch the Vikings win the Lombardi. 

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 1

Also funny how things work out... like legit the Packers didn’t want Cobb, Rodgers did.

But they are using him in marketing the new throwback etc.

Which granted marketing team is different from the football ops department, they have different objectives and Cobb regardless his on field play... is still a beloved figure among the fans.

Just funny... like they could of gotten Adams, MVS, Amari, Tonyan if they want like a pass catcher. Just funny and weird how this stuff works out.

16 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I legitimately like Bears fans, and I think at the end of the day after a few shots are fired for fun each fan base respects the rivalry we have. I've never really met a none bitter Vikings fan, but I've also been in Florida since 96 so the sample size isn't great. For me it would bother me to watch the Vikings win the Lombardi. 

I lived in Minnesota for a long time. They are definitely bitter there (little brother syndrome). I would have thought it would be better in Florida. I've liked most Bears fans that I meet--even those at a Bears-Packers game at Lambeau.

• Like 2

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -    If Aaron Rodgers retires in 2022 his cap hit on the Packers books would be $26.85 million.

If the team went after the remaining piece of his initial signing bonus then they would receive $11.5 million in cash in 2022 and a cap credit in 2023 for the same amount.

1 hour ago, TheEagle said:

I lived in Minnesota for a long time. They are definitely bitter there (little brother syndrome). I would have thought it would be better in Florida. I've liked most Bears fans that I meet--even those at a Bears-Packers game at Lambeau.

They got really good for a minute there with Culpepper, Moss, and Burleson and couldn't even get to a Super Bowl with that offense and a better-than-average defense. At least Chicago got to one back in 2006 in a fluke year. 

Personally, I can't stand them because of morons like Paul Allen. I have a lot of memories of meeting baby-brother Vikings fans on business trips, but my favorite is when I was driving down I-90 listening to that local yokel while on my way to Sioux Falls. I had tuned in right after they had gotten destroyed by the Rams, yet Allen thought the Vikings were in the same league talent and ability-wise and "just had a bad day." Literally everyone else on the broadcast was talking about the work the team needed to put in along with additional personnel; yet Allen still kept pumping that f'ery pedal that Minnesota was a much better team anyway. After I completed my business, I quickly realized that those with whom I had just negotiated held similar delusional homer opinions the next day - longest business lunch of my life.

Edited by Joe

2 hours ago, Toddfather said:

I lived in MN for 15 years due to a job transfer. As others point out, they do have that "little brother syndrome", made worse by many "close-but-no-cigar" seasons which takes a toll on their psyche. This is partially why they are fair-weathered--it's a coping mechanism. (Another is simply going to an indoor stadium for a bunch of cold weather Scandinavians, which is like keeping a champion lines hunting dog inside, making them a lazy house dog.) They get puffed up with "paper tiger-ism" after the draft, but at the first sign of adversity during a season they start to bail on the team, so as to avoid the heartache of falling short yet again. Their psyche is so damaged that when sports radio do surveys asking which they'd prefer, namely, the Vikings win (against an opponent other than the Packers) or the Packers lose, the majority choose the latter. While there are great exceptions, usually from outside the fickle suburban Twin Cities, most of their fans are just bitter, like a woman scorned. Beating the Packers is their Super Bowl.

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

These unis are pretty cool .. big improvement over the blue and tan thing.

These unis are legit but the disrespect! The blue and tans are flawless!

EDIT - With the 2nd "leather" helmet, not the G&G one, obviously.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

I'd like to see the Packers old brown leather helmets implemented into something like these with the simulated stitching.  

This could be pretty cool if they designed it right with the old blue and tanni's circle number jerseys.

Check out the second photo how the ears pop out on the side.  

This would be very cool to tailor it to  a regular leather helmet design.

https://uni-watch.com/2014/10/30/texas-am-football-unveils-1939-throwback-design/

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'd like to see the Packers old brown leather helmets implemented into something like these with the simulated stitching.  

This could be pretty cool if they designed it right with the old blue and tanni's circle number jerseys.

https://uni-watch.com/2014/10/30/texas-am-football-unveils-1939-throwback-design/

Holy ****. I'm now a metro. That's ******* sweet

24 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

It would take the NFL 65 years to approve that. They are very picky about helmets now