Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, deltarich87 said:

I'm sure people will be level headed to this and NOT take this random NBA guy's tweet to heart. No sir

Was coming here to post. Yea, not sure who this guy is, but if there's any truth to this, that part is a bit disheartening. Can only hope that MLF simply ran out of minutes on the prepaid phone Murphy allows him to have every month...

Just now, deltarich87 said:

I'm sure people will be level headed to this and NOT take this random NBA guy's tweet to heart. No sir

I mean, obviously it wasn't his preferred destination.  That would be like going to delta.com intending to fly to Fiji and buying a ticket to Barbados.

He considered playing for both teams, and decided he liked the Rams better

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Probably just the beginning of speculation and reports from pundits barfing up reasons why OBJ settled on the Rams.  Regardless of the real truth, GB needs to refocus on the now, and the very near future.  Way too many damn distractions these past couple of weeks.

11 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

This is like a coworker you can occasionally tolerate asking at 9am if you wanna grab McDonald's together for lunch and you only express lukewarm interest.

Here, playing football with OBJ is like eating McDonald's: if it's convenient and I got nothing else going on I'll consider it, but I'm not going to plan my day around it because chances are just as high I'll get diarrhea as they are I'll feel good about it later.

Quarter Pound Beckham Jr.

15 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Ah so he wanted a coach to sell him some snake oil, McVay is like the Russell Wilson of head coaches, guy comes off so fake to me. Glad LaFleur isn't promising guys fake playing time to "win" recruiting battles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Ah so he wanted a coach to sell him some snake oil, McVay is like the Russell Wilson of head coaches, guy comes off so fake to me. Glad LaFleur isn't promising guys fake playing time to "win" recruiting battles.

?
We've no idea if....
1. That tweet is even accurate - or
2. If so, that McVay promised OBJ anything.

Personally, I wouldnt mind if MLF did some recruiting. Happens at all upper levels of football.

Whatever. It's over. What I perceived to be an opportunity is lost - for whatever reason or however it happened.

But - I dont see that LA took a step back by adding OBJ. Nope. Just like we would have, I suspect they'll figure out a way to make him work within their offense.

IMO we could have used him. He would have made us better.

If Rodgers and Adams are upset they need to talk to Odell… it’s obvious he wanted to be in la when la came sniffing around.

Odell lives out in la during the off-season, he is buddies with Lebron*. He loves la… all the sports people in la talk about how they see him out there all the time.

it’s not just about who he plays with or the money… it’s also where. So if Rodgers and Adams are upset… they need to be upset that they aren’t as big of a draw as a city.

Fact is is Rodgers and Adams want to be mad… they don’t need a reason. They can just be mad.

Edited by Green19

I guess from a ring chasing standpoint it made some sense for OBJ to have interest in coming to GB, but his unhappiness with going from the huge NY market to the much smaller CLE market was never a secret.  Him landing in LA makes perfect sense.  I can't wait for Rodgers to bring up GB's failure to sign OBJ on his way out the door.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I guess from a ring chasing standpoint it made some sense for OBJ to have interest in coming to GB, but his unhappiness with going from the huge NY market to the much smaller CLE market was never a secret.  Him landing in LA makes perfect sense.  I can't wait for Rodgers to bring up GB's failure to sign OBJ on his way out the door.

I was just thinking that lol. A-a-ron's gonna be pissed