Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Rams probably figured he'd be useful and it keep him away from one of their probably playoff opponents.

There's this and (again) Tampa's shown that you can never have enough weapons.
They make you cover the entire field with capable WRs/TEs. They force your CB3 & 4 to be players.

14 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Both teams are SB contenders. He'd have a bigger role in GB since they don't have a clear cut WR2, but I guess that wasn't that important to him

In the end, half a season playing in Southern CA is just more appealing than GB.

Playing in LA in Nov, Dec and Jan vs GB in those months.......hard to go a a quick yacht vacation on the Bay

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Since he's been dealt to Cleveland? Odell has been living off nothing but hype. Let's face it, we were hoping A Rod and LaFleur could bring him back from dead.

I agree .. OBJ hasn't shown a whole lot the past few years.  I think there's still something there, but it hasn't really materialized in quite some time.  The person you responded to said OBJ might be better than Woods ... nah, Woods is a better player than OBJ.  Woods is one of the best #2 wideouts in football in my opinion.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Since he's been dealt to Cleveland? Odell has been living off nothing but hype. Let's face it, we were hoping A Rod and LaFleur could bring him back from dead.

we're talking about Robert Woods right?  he's like, a good system guy.

don't expect Odell to thrive or anything in that system given how late he's joining the crew and the fact that they have 2 established players.  But it should be pretty evident that beckham has and has had much more juice than Robert woods.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yep. Brandt nailed it when he said that OBJ is far more popular amongst fantasy GMs than real GMs.

I won't be surprised if OBJ winds up being fairly unproductive.  Kupp, and Woods are clearly better in my opinion, and Van Jefferson is a really good #3 wideout.  It might take a while for ODB to steal away some targets from those guys.