Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Why was it snapped quickly?

IF Rodgers saw something and mis read the defense, then he needs to get the heat for that just as he gives heat to the WR for being in the wrong spot on a route.  

good thing GB is not paying their QB top 5 money to have an excuse made on a bad read and have it get swept under the rug 

Absolutely - he got it wrong for whatever reason and has had plenty of heat.  Just don't get the obsession over one play. Doesn't matter how much you pay your QB, he will have a bad read sometimes. That's life I'm afraid. 

53 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Absolutely - he got it wrong for whatever reason and has had plenty of heat.  Just don't get the obsession over one play. Doesn't matter how much you pay your QB, he will have a bad read sometimes. That's life I'm afraid. 

He had two bad reads on that play.

And that was just the final play.  The entire game from him was "meh" at best.  That is not what you expect when your MVP is under center and at home in a playoff game.

The "Rodgers sucks in the playoffs narrative" was talked about on Sirius XM recently.  Both guys said it wasn't even controversial anymore.  Rodgers just flat out hasn't gotten it done in the playoffs for like the past 4 years he's been there.  I thought that was over the top, because he played pretty good against the Bucs.  But this San Fran game was an ugly offensive game.  And that lies on the QB's shoulders.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

We need to let this go, its one play.

It was snapped quickly and Rodgers made about as un-Rodgers a throw as it gets launching the ball into heavy coverage. He must have seen something - thought we had to attack it quickly before they could sort it out but mis-read the defence.

Post Rodgers we are going to see a lot more mis-reading of the defence.

And yes, I'm aware there will be plenty more times when Lazard was open in the season because in real life, you can't just press pause and scan the field for the open man. Its a bit different with huge men bearing down on you.   

It wasn't just one play; it was the game. Hitting Lazard would have been a big gain and a first down, but St. Brown had two steps on his guy. A well paced throw from Rodgers would have been a TD. MVP? Pfft. 

Regarding Rodgers....one of my friends has said that he's the best front running QB in the game.

Not sure that I buy that, he's had some EPIC comebacks.  And a lot of them.

But if looking at regular season to post season...it may have some merit.  Some.  My brain will never forget that sideline play to Cook to set up the field goal that beat the Boys.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Regarding Rodgers....one of my friends has said that he's the best front running QB in the game.

But if looking at regular season to post season...it may have some merit.  Some.  My brain will never forget that sideline play to Cook to set up the field goal that beat the Boys.

When he’s not OCD about throwing ints, like on free plays or end of game situations, we see what a full throttle 12 can do. When he can dissect a defense and play his head games, he’s also lethal but he’s not always able to do that vs. the top rate defenses we tend to meet in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Might want to check his stats on games vs teams over .500 if trailing in 2nd half/4th quarter.   

There is some merit to the " front running" label

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

Might want to check his stats on games vs teams over .500 if trailing in 2nd half/4th quarter.   

There is some merit to the " front running" label

There aren't many QBs that have a winning record against .500 teams, let alone being down against a .500 team in the second half.

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:
Aaron Wilson

Packers awarded DT Chris Slayton off waivers from 49ers

Wait DT isn’t how you abbreviate wide receiver…

nor Chris slayton isn’t how you spell Odell or Julio….

Edited by Green19

The Packers and 49ers like to trade players via FA/waiver wire don't they? within the last 4 years:

CB Will Redmond to Packers

WR Max McCaffrey to 49ers

FB John Lovett to Packers

OT Kofi Amichia to 49ers

WR Tavon Austin to Packers

ILB Curtis Bolton to 49ers

FB Michael Johnson to Packers

WR Malik Turner to 49ers

WR Devon Funchess to 49ers

ILB Oren Burks to 49ers

CB Kadar Hollman to 49ers

LS Taybor Pepper to 49ers

P Ryan Winslow to 49ers

P Drew Kaser to 49ers

RB Kapri Bibbs to Packers

LB James Burgess to 49ers

DT Chris Slayton to Packers

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Chili said:

The Packers and 49ers like to trade players via FA/waiver wire don't they? within the last 4 years:

CB Will Redmond to Packers

WR Max McCaffrey to 49ers

FB John Lovett to Packers

OT Kofi Amichia to 49ers

WR Tavon Austin to Packers

ILB Curtis Bolton to 49ers

FB Michael Johnson to Packers

WR Malik Turner to 49ers

WR Devon Funchess to 49ers

ILB Oren Burks to 49ers

CB Kadar Hollman to 49ers

LS Taybor Pepper to 49ers

P Ryan Winslow to 49ers

P Drew Kaser to 49ers

RB Kapri Bibbs to Packers

LB James Burgess to 49ers

DT Chris Slayton to Packers

Similar coaching tree and philosophy.  The biggest differences between the teams is probably that we have the QB, and they have had the (mis)fortune to pick top 5 on their down years and get studs like Bosa, that the Packers just never have the opportunity to draft.