Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

43 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Agreed. This is likely Dillon's last season for this very reason.

I like a lot of this year's RBs, but if we miss out then we can draft a workhorse on day two again.

Dillon is probably in line for a cheap extension.  Jamaal Williams just got a 3yr - 12 mil deal .. Can't imagine Dillon would top that at this point in time.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 3:49 PM, Leader said:

I'm curious why the Packers haven't already said yes to this option.

If you've waited this long to groom Love as a starter, he's probably getting a 2 year audition. This year he's making $4M and next year would be $20M, so that would average to $12M/year. I don't think there's a better deal out there than that.

3 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

If you've waited this long to groom Love as a starter, he's probably getting a 2 year audition. This year he's making $4M and next year would be $20M, so that would average to $12M/year. I don't think there's a better deal out there than that.

GB can begin offseason workout program on  April 17th.  Likely want to see what Love looks like and how his offseason independent work has progressed in various areas

April 3

Clubs that hired a new Head Coach after the end of the 2022 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 17

Clubs with returning Head Coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

https://operations.nfl.com/gameday/nfl-schedule/2023-important-nfl-dates/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Only Tua's option has been exercised so far afaik. Teams generally wait until close to the deadline to do it, probably just being extra careful in case there are any injuries, off-field issues or anything else that could make them regret it. There's just literally no benefit to exercising it early.

• Like 1

Packers probably won't admit it, but they are in a re-build mode.  Lost a blue chip receiver last year in Adams.  Lost a blue chip QB in Rodgers this year.  Bakh is on his last legs.

And here's the thing.  This year is about development and competition.  Not just in the division during the games, but camp.  No one's spot should be safe.  Get in as many draft picks as we can and let the competition begin.

Because...Doubs and Watson can evolve into very good WR's.  Love can evolve into a quality QB.  So the bounce back can happen relatively quickly.

I like Gute's last draft...he needs another one like that to get this team propelled forward again.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Idk how this is ranked but:

Interesting. Previous first round picks, ignoring Wyatt and Walker:

2021 Stokes: Average

2020 Love: incomplete

2019 Gary: Home run

2019 Savage: Mid-Bust

2018 Alexander: Home run

2017: None. Traded out. Kevin King taken at 33, bust

2016 Clark: Home run

2015 Randall: Bust

2014: Clinton Dix: Mid-bust

I guess with 9 picks, 3 home runs ain't that bad.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Packers probably won't admit it, but they are in a re-build mode.  Lost a blue chip receiver last year in Adams.  Lost a blue chip QB in Rodgers this year.  Bakh is on his last legs.

And here's the thing.  This year is about development and competition.  Not just in the division during the games, but camp.  No one's spot should be safe.  Get in as many draft picks as we can and let the competition begin.

Because...Doubs and Watson can evolve into very good WR's.  Love can evolve into a quality QB.  So the bounce back can happen relatively quickly.

I like Gute's last draft...he needs another one like that to get this team propelled forward again.  

Re-build: to strip to the foundation and build again. 

The Packers are not in a re-build, the core of this team is still in place. They are not stripping this thing to the foundation. A retool, a reload that is what is happening in GB. The Packers will struggle for the first half of the season, which is what happens with a retooling, but they will be good in short order. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

That's the problem with every fanbase, most live in their fishbowl and lack big picture context.  

21 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

We got 65 starts and a pro-bowl out of Ha Ha.  I don't know if I would call that any kind of bust.  Is he HoF bound? No.  But he doesn't even sniff bust, IMO.

• Like 8