Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Unless Gute proves me wrong by drafting an ILB early, it doesn't appear that ILB is as high on his list as far as upgrades he sees are needed for the defense. Probably unlikely, but is there a chance he might look early in the draft for another OLB/Edge guy to replace Fackrell--someone a bit more stout to set edge for run d? 

Edited by DWhitehurst

22 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Unless Gute proves me wrong by drafting an ILB early, it doesn't appear that ILB is as high on his list as far as upgrades he sees are needed for the defense. Probably unlikely, but is there a chance he might look early in the draft for another OLB/Edge guy to replace Fackrell--someone a bit more stout to set edge for run d? 

I’d say;

1. ILB- My guess is he might think we are fine. Kirk semi stabilizes a position with a few wild cards on the team ;

-Greene who looked nice last year before injury 

-Burkes- a 3rd round pick of Gute

- Bolton- was going to start opposite of Blake then got hurt

Then throw in we play a lot of 3 safety stuff (Campbell/Sullivan) and you can argue we don’t need a ilb

2. OLB- you can never have enough rushers. Biggest thing though is Fack’s snaps go to Gary. We certainly easily could take a development guy R3-5

5 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

This has been true in GB since 2005. It would be great if the rest of the fan base got this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

By what logic do you draw that conclusion. I think WR will be addressed early, OT will  be addressed early, and ILB will be addressed early. This what I expect on Days 1 and 2 and it will be interesting to see what Gute does. So now that I state this Gute will probably draft DL, TE, and DB on Days 1 and 2. 

1 minute ago, gizmo2012 said:

By what logic do you draw that conclusion. I think WR will be addressed early, OT will  be addressed early, and ILB will be addressed early. This what I expect on Days 1 and 2 and it will be interesting to see what Gute does. So now that I state this Gute will probably draft DL, TE, and DB on Days 1 and 2. 

So....are we defining "early" as the first 3 rounds?