Nacho Simulation Football League (S15 - Taco Bowl XV POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

58 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

There is a method, you just let that player walk in FA, redraft him, and slot him at a 2 tag position.

Letting elite talent walk in the hopes to redraft them is dumb.

I see no reason why if I wanted Vernon at 3-4 DE he should cost 3 tags after a full season of play at 3-4 DE.. imo

But I'm against the rb2 and wr3 costing less. Too easy to manipulate 

My reasoning for being against the RB2 and WR3 costing less is mostly that it would be too easy to manipulate. And there are already ways to circumvent tag costs. Having rookies cost one tag just adds to it. 

The draft is a huge part of the league. If we water it down even more with RB2 and WR3 costing less, drafts will be devoid of talent. We're already starting to see it with this draft. 

Guys like Jordan Howard, Michael Thomas, and Dak Prescott will never make it past the rookie draft ever again. If we start losing even more talent because there are ways to manipulate their costs, what's the point of the draft?

I don't want to go into a draft where the best WR available is a guy like Michael Crabtree and guys are scrambling to draft someone like Isaiah Crowell because he's the best RB available.

I don't want the sim to become more of a dynasty thing where you draft and essentially keep everyone, or don't and lose for seasons at a time.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:

Letting elite talent walk in the hopes to redraft them is dumb.

I see no reason why if I wanted Vernon at 3-4 DE he should cost 3 tags after a full season of play at 3-4 DE.. imo

But I'm against the rb2 and wr3 costing less. Too easy to manipulate 

Whats stopping that now? I thought you did keep guys for the price of the position they played at?

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Whats stopping that now? I thought you did keep guys for the price of the position they played at?

If they have been kept at a tag number, they can never be kept for less tags unless they hit the draft.

So if a player is kept at 3 tags, they can never be kept at 2 unless they hit the draft. If Flux wanted to move to a 3-4, Watt would still cost 3 tags as a 3-4 DE next offseason. If I wanted to sit Alex Smith for Dak, he would still cost 4 tags to keep next offseason.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

If they have been kept at a tag number, they can never be kept for less tags unless they hit the draft.

So if a player is kept at 3 tags, they can never be kept at 2 unless they hit the draft. If Flux wanted to move to a 3-4, Watt would still cost 3 tags as a 3-4 DE next offseason. If I wanted to sit Alex Smith for Dak, he would still cost 4 tags to keep next offseason.

Oh...Yeah I don't like that rule at all. Whats the thought process behind it?

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Oh...Yeah I don't like that rule at all. Whats the thought process behind it?

To avoid people putting Aaron Rodgers at fullback for 9 games when they start 1-6 or something.

Less extreme example, moving DEs to DT, etc. Basically the thought process is, if you tag a player at that price, their price doesn't go down. You "paid" them. Even if you force them to play a different position, they want to be paid like they were.

going back to the previous example, if the Packers decide to move Aaron Rodgers to fullback, do you really think he'd take less money because of that?