NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, TheBitzMan said:

No way I am doing Jackson + a 2nd. Giving up a promising young player + a premium asset when we have holes elsewhere to fill is not a good allocation of assets. King is injury prone, Tramon is old and Tony Brown is an unproven UDFA. After that it is a rookie 6th rounder and UDFAs. Only way I am putting Jackson in this trade is if it is straight up. 

Like Jackson pick coming out.  He hasn't shown much since then.  Tony Brown beat him out for minutes.  Whatever it is he's not clicking in GB.  More suited to play zone.  Minkah>Jackson and not by a little either.  Minkah has a chance to be an all pro type player.  You are trading one DB for another.  So no hit to depth.  Do agree about other needs.  We have them for sure so I'll buy that argument.  Not the best use of assets according to need.  I'll counter when you get a chance to get a player of this caliber you do it regardless.  Not sure just a 2 will get this deal done.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Okay. So Jackson and a 2nd - or would you go 1st plus the player?

Kings certainly more talented than Jackson.....its a wager on how healthy you think he's gonna be.

Fitzpatrick played all 16 games his rookie season.

So in theory you're buying snaps from a player that stands a better chance of being on the field than King.

Might give us the smallest secondary in the league......but anyway :)

King has more talent than Fitzpatrick. No way I'm trading him. I know he's had injury issues, but he can shut guys down when he's right. You don't trade that for a swiss army knife. I'd love to get Fitzpatrick, but I'd throw Jackson and maybe a 4th at Miami. 

On 9/13/2019 at 4:19 PM, Rodjahs12 said:

Everyone call Gutes office and leave a message saying “no balls you won’t do it”

maybe we can meme it into reality 

I'm a Devils fan in hockey and their fans seemed to do this twice recently .. trade for PK Subban and a trade for Nikita Gusev.  Clamored for it for weeks and both deals happened. 

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport:  Pretty significant development: Browns S Precarious Sandal reported to the facility today with a concussion, was placed in the protocol and is out for MNF vs. the Jets.

How do you 'report to the facility' with a concussion? His wife or girlfriend hit him over the head with a frying pan? Come on man! 

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport:  Pretty significant development: Browns S Precarious Sandal reported to the facility today with a concussion, was placed in the protocol and is out for MNF vs. the Jets.

I actually googled Precarious Sandal, thinking it was a real name. I had to check it out. Not gonna lie, Im a little disappointed.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:04 PM, ThatJerkDave said:
On 9/13/2019 at 5:18 PM, Norm said:

Call minkah and pretend to be God and tell him he's supposed to go to GB.

Oh man! I just called Minkah and told him he has no balls.  You guys are mixing me up!

I had the opposite mixup, and Gute told me hes already in Green Bay.

dammit, we screwed it up!