NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

You believe Rodgers being traded within the NFC is a fantasy land pipe dream.  You also seem to believe a Rodgers retirement this off-season is a reasonable thing to expect.  I think you've got those backwards.

Agreed.

0% chance he retires

20% chance he gets traded to NFC team

70% chance he gets traded to AFC team

10% chance he plays for GB

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Carr visits the Saints. LV will likely still have to cut him but interesting to see how that pans out. He Geno and Jimmy G the top of this year’s QB prospects, unless I’m forgetting someone…

Llamar.  But he's likely being franchised.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, R T said:

Your wants and desires for draft capital are showing through, you both may want to re-read the quote I quoted. He said, 'there is no way that both Love and Rodgers are on this roster next year', not next season. It is still possible that Rodgers and Love remain for 2023 and Rodgers retires in 2024. Possible. Now probable is another question. 

I was responding to your post where you simply stated.... OR RETIRE.  Nothing more, nothing less regarding your other post,

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I was responding to your post where you simply stated.... OR RETIRE.  Nothing more, nothing less regarding your other post,

Lol, because you blew right by the context of my comment and made it about something else that is on me? OK. 

9 hours ago, R T said:

Your wants and desires for draft capital are showing through, you both may want to re-read the quote I quoted. He said, 'there is no way that both Love and Rodgers are on this roster next year', not next season. It is still possible that Rodgers and Love remain for 2023 and Rodgers retires in 2024. Possible. Now probable is another question. 

I did mean next season, but you're right - it's definitely possible. But if both players are on this team week 1, I'm sending someone to check on Russ Ball.

We start running out of ways to clear money in 2024 if Rodgers retires (mental math looking at a $60m cap hit) and we have Love on a $20m guaranteed contract.

So, if we don't do something now with one of these guys, I'll flip sides and join the Fire Gute crowd.

6 hours ago, R T said:

Lol, because you blew right by the context of my comment and made it about something else that is on me? OK. 

LOL, didn't care about your 1st post one way or another.  Again, just responding to your comment/question about him possibly retiring.  It's simple, didn't make it about anything else.  Nothing on you .. ok. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

NFL Rumors -   Report: Investigation has found that the Denver Broncos QB Russell Wilson foundation  spent just 24.3 cents of every dollar on charitable activities in 2020 and 2021 combined. Per USA Today

Anybody surprised? He's a phony. 

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

NFL Rumors -   Report: Investigation has found that the Denver Broncos QB Russell Wilson foundation  spent just 24.3 cents of every dollar on charitable activities in 2020 and 2021 combined. Per USA Today

Is that better or worse than any other charitable organization? Banquets and events cost money.  Employees cost money.  Websites cost money.  Office space costs money.