NFL News & Notes

Leader

37 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

LeBron's charity claims pretty much 0 operating costs, so he back channels his payments to employees through other avenues. LeBron's a billionaire, he's done a lot for Akron, if you live in Akron, probably not a terrible cause for you to contribute to. Most often, if you have $100 to give, you're not better off donating to athlete charities, are you claiming that's incorrect?

I'm claiming that blowing off the terribleness of RWs charity by saying "this is how athletes do it" is disingenuous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Dude?!?!

The Hilton in LA vs the Paper Valley in Appleton in November is really a no brainer. Why would any player want to be 30+° colder with nothing to do?

I've heard that agents say "you can't get a FA to go to GB, but you can't get someone who's played in GB to leave." 

Which is maybe something GB fans tell each other (though I think generally it's been proven to be true - plenty of players who could go elsewhere will take a more team-friendly deal to stay; Davante Adams-type situations don't seem to happen in GB), but I also think that it's dumb to assume that one size fits all - conventional wisdom is that all young guys want to hang in LA, NY, or Miami, but I think plenty of people would feel overwhelmed in a city that large and would prefer a manageable-sized area like Seattle, Nashville, or Charlotte.  

If the Chiefs win, Mahomes will be the first QB since Kurt Warner over 20 years ago to win MVP and a Super Bowl in the same season.

He will also be the only QB in NFL history to win a Super Bowl while making over 13% of the cap… By 4%.

He will officially become the GOAT.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Is the drive too far? 

As someone from GB who has lived coast to coast and settled in Appleton...

GB is a crap town. There is nothing that isn't drinking or Packers related. It really is just a factory town that got bigger than it otherwise would have because of the Packers.

Appleton is a small city with a better spread of things to do. Better restaurants, arts, entertainment, ect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

As someone from GB who has lived coast to coast and settled in Appleton...

GB is a crap town. There is nothing that isn't drinking or Packers related. It really is just a factory town that got bigger than it otherwise would have because of the Packers.

Appleton is a small city with a better spread of things to do. Better restaurants, arts, entertainment, ect.

I was born in Appleton, I still have many family members living there. 

I've lived in Green Bay.  It is as explained.  I've worked in the Valley for a few years.  Agree about restaurants and things like that.

Also....I still look for, and get excited, when I drive to Green Bay and can see Lambeau from the highways.  It may only have the Packers...but still, it's the Packers.  Appleton has nothing that interests me.

GB has the Packers and that big body of water that I love to fish.  

And the people are second to none.  My guess would be that the average Green Bay resident knows more about their football team than any other resident of any other NFL city in the league.

Green Bay is synonymous with the Packers.  Can't say that for many other places, though there are some.