NFL News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Is Pfizer that single shot, or the two shot vaccine?

Pfizer/Moderna are both 2x doses. Johnson & Johnson is the single dose.

I got Moderna, both versions made my arm quit sore for 24-36 hours, 2nd dose made me lethargic for 48hrs ish. It's free, easy, convenient and responsible. You should do it ASAP and do whatever you can to convince anyone you know to as well. It's just flat out the right thing to do.

• Like 1

Well I got the pfizer vaccine; I didnt notice any side effects right away but apparently it reversed my vasectomy because now my wife is pregnant......:D..also can we talk about football now.

Edited by Reaper

18 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Faucoids crawling out of the woodwork

My wife is a Doctor and I've had my shots because it is the right thing to do, but this mob mentality towards anyone who may have apprehension is over the top. Be better. 

12 minutes ago, R T said:

My wife is a Doctor and I've had my shots because it is the right thing to do, but this mob mentality towards anyone who may have apprehension is over the top. Be better. 

I already have both doses I just don't care to come here and see "trust le science" posting and "it's just the right thing to do" like it isn't the only thing I've heard from every major news outlet since this thing was developed. People are burned out on this and the high and mighty stance on it isn't going to convince anyone who isn't in favor of this to come over to their side.

Edited by Rodjahs12

20 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Well I got the pfizer vaccine; I didnt notice any side effects right away but apparently it reversed my vasectomy because now my wife is pregnant......:D..also can we talk about football now.

Does the mailman wear a mask at least? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Easy answer.  Time.  And that's it for me.  There are side effects for some people.  I have two close friends who both had significant side effects.

I'm not against the vaccine.  Not at all.  I'm just not ready to take it at this time.  And that could very well change in the near future as I do have a very important event in July that I will need to be vaccinated for in order to attend.

Better get on that then.  You have to wait thee weeks between doses.

44 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Easy answer.  Time.  And that's it for me.  There are side effects for some people.  I have two close friends who both had significant side effects.

I'm not against the vaccine.  Not at all.  I'm just not ready to take it at this time.  And that could very well change in the near future as I do have a very important event in July that I will need to be vaccinated for in order to attend.

Knowing multiple people who have had serious side effects from the vaccine is literally a one in a trillion event. You are almost certainly the only person in the world who knows more than one person who suffered severe side effects. That's pretty crazy.

You should be rest assured that anyone who knows you AND those other people have like 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance of knowing THREE people with severe side effects. 

That would be unheard of.

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I already have both doses I just don't care to come here and see "trust le science" posting and "it's just the right thing to do" like it isn't the only thing I've heard from every major news outlet since this thing was developed. People are burned out on this and your high and mighty stance on it isn't going to convince anyone who isn't in favor of this to come over to your side.

Big difference between someone who is apprehensive and someone pimping conspiracy theories. Many/most people have had mental blocks over what others would think nothing of at points in their lives. A little support and understand is often all that is needed to get them past it, not belittling and bullying.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, R T said:

Big difference between someone who is apprehensive and someone pimping conspiracy theories. Many/most people have had mental blocks over what others would think nothing of at points in their lives. A little support and understand is often all that is needed to get them past it, not belittling and bullying.  

For sure, both sides are definitely guilty of it. I don't regret getting mine at all, but I can see why the people who don't want to are only more alienated when they're made to feel stupid and reckless by the people who already have theirs and are pushing for more. It's just not a productive way to bring people over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

If you'll need to be fully vaccinated for that event, you'd better get started. All shots other than J+J require two shots that are spaced weeks apart. 

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

ummmmm, @Norm might have some news to tell you.......................

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Knowing multiple people who have had serious side effects from the vaccine is literally a one in a trillion event. You are almost certainly the only person in the world who knows more than one person who suffered severe side effects. That's pretty crazy.

You should be rest assured that anyone who knows you AND those other people have like 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance of knowing THREE people with severe side effects. 

That would be unheard of.

I admire your passion.  I do.  Even though you make your point by coming across as an *** hat.

I just went and signed up for my shot.  I actually read the disclosure.  It is frightening.  I'm still going to do it, but it does scare me.

In case you didn't read it....

The Moderna COVID-10 Vaccine is a vaccine and may prevent you from getting COVID-19.  There is no US Food and Drug Administration approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19.

The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine is an unapproved vaccine that may prevent COVID-19.  

The FDA has authorized the emergency use of the vaccine.

Currently there is no FDA approved alternative vaccine available for the prevention of COVID-19.

The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine has not undergone the same type of review as an FDA approved or cleared product.

I am only doing this so that I can attend my father's Celebration of Life event.  If it were not for this event and my love for my father, I would wait until the FDA approved the vaccine.

• Like 1

Andrew Brandt -    Montez Sweat can thumb his nose at vaccination without consequence; his roster spot is secure. The reality for majority of players is not getting vaccinated gives teams easy reasons to make tough roster decision. The reality of business of football: so many players, so few jobs.

FDA: On December 18, 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) for the second vaccine for the prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The emergency use authorization allows the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine to be distributed in the U.S for use in individuals 18 years of age and older.

///

CNN today:  Moderna has filed with the US Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization for its Covid-19 vaccine for people ages 12 to 17, according to a news release from the company. Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine is currently authorized for people ages 18 and older.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

FDA: On December 18, 2020, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) for the second vaccine for the prevention of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The emergency use authorization allows the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine to be distributed in the U.S for use in individuals 18 years of age and older.

///

CNN today:  Moderna has filed with the US Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization for its Covid-19 vaccine for people ages 12 to 17, according to a news release from the company. Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine is currently authorized for people ages 18 and older.

Didn't they recently start allowing 15 year old to get this one?