Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

45 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Sounds like Dubnyk will be next, they just wanted to give him time to green light a deal or not out of respect. 

Locked up bottom six defensemen in Carson Soucy, and a bottom six winger in Nico Sturm as well. 

I saw he was traded for a 5th rounder in 22. Guess getting his salary off the books was what they wanted. 

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

I saw he was traded for a 5th rounder in 22. Guess getting his salary off the books was what they wanted. 

Yup. Duby and a 7th for a 5th. Both picks in 2022. We retain half his salary for the year. 

basically a buyout without having to extend beyond this year. 

16 hours ago, Klomp said:

Marshall, MN: NFL hotbed

Sad to see him leaving the Bison. Being an FCS school it is somewhat new seeing players leave early. Jabril Cox left for LSU after last year. He'll be drafted. The Bison still have an NFL caliber offensive line prospect for me to watch when I am watching their games this year.

Sad to see him go but I'll be rooting for him wherever he lands. I would love it if he landed with the Vikings.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Even with the #1 overall pick, there just don’t seem to be any good options for the Wolves; with or without Towns. 

Without Towns, the team just doesn’t have a superstar, no matter who they draft. Maybe they’ll have more of a team though. 

Tis the fate of the Wolves. 

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Even with the #1 overall pick, there just don’t seem to be any good options for the Wolves; with or without Towns. 

Without Towns, the team just doesn’t have a superstar, no matter who they draft. Maybe they’ll have more of a team though. 

Tis the fate of the Wolves. 

Seems like a terrible year to win the #1 pick

9 hours ago, TENINCH said:

This isn’t a real thing. The trade referenced in the article is speculation from here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/dunkingwithwolves.com/2020/09/26/minnesota-timberwolves-3-potential-karl-anthony-towns-trades/amp/

That FS article acknowledges that the “good as gone” info is dubious, and goes on to invent 3 potential trades.

Just to play along, I don’t think KAT is a player that you build around, but more a guy that can put a team over the top, so I would try to get as many picks as possible while taking on the cap to make the deal work. 

12 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

The Bison still have an NFL caliber offensive line prospect for me to watch when I am watching there games this year.

Have to wonder if Radunz follows in Lance's foot steps and declares soon. The spring schedule the Bison are trying to play would interfere with combine and draft related activities.