TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

My bad guys didn't think it'd get to me and I knocked out early 

Thanks for the trade offers but I got to head to work and won't be able to negotiate so instead of holding the draft up longer, I decided just to pick 

@Fragafootball you are on the clock.

Just to keep every one updated, here is the next 10 picks

40 500 LAR Los Angeles Rams
41 490 NE New England Patriots
42 480 NYG New York Giants
43 470 OAK Oakland Raiders
44 460 CHI Chicago Bears
45 450 GB Green Bay Packers
46 440 CIN Cincinnati Bengals
47 430 ARI Arizona Cardinals
48 420 LAC Los Angeles Chargers
49 410 NYJ New York Jets
50 400 DEN Denver Broncos

42 minutes ago, Fragafootball said:

Can't believe Hubbard dropped so far down. Playing as a 3-4 OLB he's taking over Robert Quinn's spot on MOB Squad. 

Agreed. I landed him at 41 for New England in BDP's Mock. He's not someone to sleep on at all.

One thing I always find interesting in GM Mocks is the over drafting of IOL. Most of them don't come off the board in the first 2 rounds no matter how good they are supposed to be. I think we are up to 5-6 in both Mocks about halfway through the 2nd round. Here's the number of each actually picked in the first 2 rounds over the last 5 years. 3 Round normally only adds a couple to these numbers too. Just something I find fascinating not being critical as team needs vary with all the moving parts in a GM Mock Draft. 

2017 Draft - 1 OG, 2 C

2016 Draft - 2 OG, 2 C

2015 Draft - 2 OG, 2 C

2014 Draft - 2 OG, 1 C

2013 Draft - 3 OG, 1 C

25 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

One thing I always find interesting in GM Mocks is the over drafting of IOL. Most of them don't come off the board in the first 2 rounds no matter how good they are supposed to be. I think we are up to 5-6 in both Mocks about halfway through the 2nd round. Here's the number of each actually picked in the first 2 rounds over the last 5 years. 3 Round normally only adds a couple to these numbers too. Just something I find fascinating not being critical as team needs vary with all the moving parts in a GM Mock Draft. 

2017 Draft - 1 OG, 2 C

2016 Draft - 2 OG, 2 C

2015 Draft - 2 OG, 2 C

2014 Draft - 2 OG, 1 C

2013 Draft - 3 OG, 1 C

I think that’s in large part because IRL, most good quality OL come in the later rounds or even undrafted

32 minutes ago, davidderion said:

I think that’s in large part because IRL, most good quality OL come in the later rounds or even undrafted

The NFL is a passing league. It's about pass throwers, catchers, and protectors on the offensive side and rushers and DBs on the other side. 

Interior pass blockers aren't too hard to find. Guards or centers who can pull or usually move a NT are hard to find but the running game is devalued in the real league.

People warned me about IOLs leaving the board early which made me reconsider my draft strategy. While they did leave early, I didn't expect Hernandez and Wynn to be available at 23. But I do agree that we've overvalued them here. Which is why I switched to scouting more developmental Guards rather than the big names . 

Archived