Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

32 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

While a piece or two needs to be upgraded on offense, it should be obvious as to why it shouldn’t be the focus point of the offseason. 

Wow. I knew we were pretty good on offense but that's still a surprise.

I'm getting flashbacks of 1999 with Jeff George. In that I'm not sure how I feel about the quarterback, but all the ingredients for an explosive offense are there... we just have to be able to stop somebody.

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

The more possessions,  the more chances for touchdowns

Right. I guess I was asking you what makes you think the Chiefs had that many more drives than the Vikings?

I don't have a membership, nor do I want to sign up, but this says the Chiefs had 155 drives, Packers 153, and Titans 160.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/overall-drive-statsoff/2020

21 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Right. I guess I was asking you what makes you think the Chiefs had that many more drives than the Vikings?

I don't have a membership, nor do I want to sign up, but this says the Chiefs had 155 drives, Packers 153, and Titans 160.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/overall-drive-statsoff/2020

Just a guess with how the vikings run their offense and how the defense struggled to get stops 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Haven't been on much don't know if this was already posted.

This is the first I saw it. That trade was a disaster for Rick Spielman. He should have never traded a second round pick for a single year from a player. When the trade was announced I had assumed they planned to keep Ngakoue around for a long time. It turned out that once the one season went sideways they unloaded him to salvage what they can. That is better than not salvaging anything, but it does expose the original trade as being a 2nd round pick for a one year rental, which was a terrible decision.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

It would have been interesting to see how good he could have been had he not got hurt and had Leukemia. I feel for him, but I hope he finds joy in coaching.

He wasn’t great before the diagnosis, not sure it would have changed anything. He and Erasmus James were the reason trading for Jared Allen was necessary and ultimately rebuilding a defense wa necessary.

Eventually they started hitting on DEs but they had to go to round four. 

• Like 1