Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

What “new ideas and innovations” are you looking for?  

I'm not sure there truly are any new ideas or innovations, it's really just bringing back old ideas and repackaging them.  As Fran Tarkenton basically said recently, the league just took forever to understand that what he was during the '60s and 70s was the method to success at the QB position.  But, even with that, the Super Bowl goes to show you that it always comes down to the offensive and defensive lines.  It doesn't matter that a guy can whip a 90mph slider falling to the ground if he has to spend most of the game running around like Fran when his offensive line is a turnstile.  

Not entirely sure where this post would go so feel free to delete it or move it. 

But should the Vikings go after Tyrell the gazelle? He’d be a great number 3 and could add a lot to our offense has size and speed or at least did. He wouldn’t have to be on the field at all times obviously. 

Wonder how much he’s looking for and how much he will get with such a deep WR FA class this year. Could be a sneaky good signing. 

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Are we looking at Reiff as a long term answer then at LT perhaps?

In that case, we probably go DE early, breaking our trend of DE's in the middle rounds and developing them.

If you consider 2 years as "long-term" then yes.  As I imagine they'll have a new LT in 2023, otherwise Reiff will be a 35-yr old LT.  Not to say he can't do it, I just can't imagine that they'll do that.  

• Like 1

Normally an Over the Cap guy compared to spotrac, but right now I’ll take any football analysis that I can get. 

Spotrac broke down top free agent players and where they may end up, and pegged the Vikings to sign an incentive laden deal with Olivier Vernon to help solidify the edge of our defense. He’s coming off an Achilles injury, so he’s a total wild card, but moves like this is where I think you’ll see us try to plug holes with our minimal cap space. Kawann Short is another, similar type, of name. 

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

Normally an Over the Cap guy compared to spotrac, but right now I’ll take any football analysis that I can get. 

Spotrac broke down top free agent players and where they may end up, and pegged the Vikings to sign an incentive laden deal with Olivier Vernon to help solidify the edge of our defense. He’s coming off an Achilles injury, so he’s a total wild card, but moves like this is where I think you’ll see us try to plug holes with our minimal cap space. Kawann Short is another, similar type, of name. 

The COVID cap is going to mess up several franchises for many years, even after everything returns to normal. 

Looking at holes on the roster, and making connections to some coaching staff moves, a name I’ve seen tossed around as a potential free agent target for us...

Keelan Cole. Relationship with McCardell, returned some punts for the Jags this year and kicks in previous years. Would be an upgrade at WR3 that probably doesn’t break the bank, and a viable 11 personnel package. 

• Like 1