Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Bummer for Bisi. He was having another really strong camp and preseason. Easily the #4 receiver for the team. 

I have never been a fan of Bisi, but in these preseason games he no question was the best WR out of Smith-Marsette, Jackson, Nailor and Mitchell.  None of those four consistently held onto the football or made plays or ran exact routes.  Bisi did and it will be a loss without him.  Nailor I think has the most upside but he seemed to really have a hard time holding onto the ball, and Smith-Marsette needs to work on his route running a lot and his ability to make difficult catches with contact, he has confidence but it is over confidence really.  Still will be interesting how Smith-Marsette does because with Bisi out he is easily the 4th WR.

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I have never been a fan of Bisi, but in these preseason games he no question was the best WR out of Smith-Marsette, Jackson, Nailor and Mitchell.  None of those four consistently held onto the football or made plays or ran exact routes.  Bisi did and it will be a loss without him.  Nailor I think has the most upside but he seemed to really have a hard time holding onto the ball, and Smith-Marsette needs to work on his route running a lot and his ability to make difficult catches with contact, he has confidence but it is over confidence really.  Still will be interesting how Smith-Marsette does because with Bisi out he is easily the 4th WR.

Yes, I agree that Bisi would have been #5 in the order of importance on the roster because ISM is not only a WR, but also the #1 punt returner.  But, in terms of targets as a pass receiver, he likely would have gotten more, due to his more sure route running and clutch receiving, to get needed yards to move the chains.  So, in pass receiving, alone, he'd have been #4.

Bill Belichick: “Preseason is preseason. Preseason is about developing your team for the season and evaluating the players. If you look at the playtime in our games, and any other games, I don’t know don’t think Las Vegas played 30 players, I don’t think Carolina, it must have been 30 players that didn’t play in their game [against us]. That’s not really what preseason is about. Preseason is about evaluating the players that you do play, and taking the practice time — in joint practices or whatever time you have — to prepare your team for the regular season. Where everybody is on that, we’ll see after five-six weeks of the regular season. That’s when we’ll know.

“I don’t think preseason games are a real big indicator of what the team is or isn’t, one way or the other. That’s not about us, it’s about the NFL. But you get a great chance to evaluate players and I think that will be the focus this week of the 1,000 or so transactions that take place across the league. Is there a way you can improve your team? Does somebody want to improve their team from one of your players? And how it all fits together. You can’t have depth everywhere, so you have to choose what positions you want to have depth at on the roster. What positions you want to have depth on the practice squad, assuming you can get all the players you want — which usually you can’t. So that causes some other adjustments. That’s kind of what this week is about — setting your roster, figuring out how you want to try to play the season, and then there will be a lot of adjustments along the way. But you have to start somewhere.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/29/bill-belichick-i-dont-think-preseason-games-are-a-big-indicator-of-what-a-team-is-or-isnt/

• Like 2

Matt Lombardo and Chris Tomasson are reporting that the Vikings are listening to offers for Alexander Mattison. I thought this was the most likely scenario all along. Nwangwu and Chandler have showne themselves to be very capable, Ham brings versatility, and there is a very low likelihood of Mattison signing an extension. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Matt Lombardo and Chris Tomasson are reporting that the Vikings are listening to offers for Alexander Mattison. I thought this was the most likely scenario all along. Nwangwu and Chandler have showne themselves to be very capable, Ham brings versatility, and there is a very low likelihood of Mattison signing an extension. 

I'm Ok trading him but I hour they don't trade him just to trade him

• Like 1