This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

8 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Aiyuk has no leverage.  For all the talk, he's not going to sit out very long while trying to force a new deal.  I expect Aiyuk to play on the tag this season.  A year from now, SF will sign Aiyuk to a new deal while moving on from Deebo.  After drafting Pearsall, It more or less seems like the obvious thing for them to do.

I would do cartwheels if they cut Deebo next year. He's a different kind of dude. I do agree with your point about how he plays though. 

8 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Aiyuk has no leverage.  For all the talk, he's not going to sit out very long while trying to force a new deal.  I expect Aiyuk to play on the tag this season.  A year from now, SF will sign Aiyuk to a new deal while moving on from Deebo.  After drafting Pearsall, It more or less seems like the obvious thing for them to do.

As a niners fan, this is what I expect. I dunno if that is what happens, but its definitely what makes the most sense. 

• Like 2

Pro Football Talk reported that before the 2024 NFL Draft, Aiyuk's agent was given permission to see if other teams would pay the star wideout what he was after -- which at the time was $28 million per year. According to Mike Florio, there were five different teams that were willing to pay that price. However, those teams wouldn't meet the 49ers' expectations in terms of trade compensation. 

My understanding is that SF was willing to go to 26M per year, while Aiyuk's number was 28M.  I have to think the real holdup is the guarantees.  I have a tough time believing this whole mess revolves around a 2M per year difference.  If Aiyuk's target was 28M, the narrative that he was "insulted" by SF's 26M per year offer doesn't even make sense.

23 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

this is pretty neat.

That's the kind of dumb, little crap that totally cements fans' bond with the team. 

And I'm saying "dumb little crap" but I'd totally be stoked if I got something like that from my favorite team. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

That's the kind of dumb, little crap that totally cements fans' bond with the team. 

And I'm saying "dumb little crap" but I'd totally be stoked if I got something like that from my favorite team. 

You mean a calendar, a season ticket holder window sticker, and a commemorative gold coin isn't as cool as a pirate treasure chest?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rosser80 said:

NGL, Aiyuk benefits from what's around him in that offense. Take away Trent and Deebo and see what happens to that offense very quickly...

Blistering hot take . . . I think Deebo is more of a system player than Aiyuk is. 

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Blistering hot take . . . I think Deebo is more of a system player than Aiyuk is. 

Deebo gets defense shaded his way. But if he was given Aiyuk’s role he’s not noticeably better, possibly worse. 

He’s still a better player than Aiyuk but only if used properly aka in the right system.

See: “Studs” that change teams/coaches/QBs that instantly become “Duds”

Vikings have a lot of money to an OL I have zero fear of playing against. Pretty sweet.

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's not even close. Deebo is far more of a system player than Aiyuk. He's good against zone coverage, has never been particularly adept against man coverage. Elite with the ball in his hands, obviously. 

Aiyuk is a better receiver in a general sense. Better hands. More versatile with where he can line up. More versatile in what coverages he can beat. Etc. 

• Like 1