What Should Eagles do with Nick Foles

JayWood2010

7 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

There's no doubt in my mind we can get compensation similar to the RGIII trade for Carson. The first half of the 2018 season is going to be interesting.

Actually RGIII came to my mind earlier in the context of injury. I mean, the guy was unstoppable as a rookie, and then he had a knee injury and was rushed back too early. I really hope Carson is completely healthy before he even sniffs the field. 

Even if Nick is traded, we need a capable backup who can take over for a couple of games if needed. I do not think Sudfeld is that person. Actually RGIII wouldn't be a bad idea if I'm thinking about it. 

3 hours ago, RollEagles said:

He's legitimately untouchable in trade talks if I'm the GM. 

Being completely serious, I'd only consider trading Wentz if it was literally for something like 3 years worth of drafts. And that would only be in like 5 years after we get our 4th ring (3rd under Carson) We already have a great team with a ton of great players signed until 2020. 

Why the hell would we trade Wentz? Like @ninjapirate said, he's got a really good chance of being literally the best QB in the NFL for the next decade. 

I think that our mods (looking at you @Kiltman  ;) ) need to implement a new rule which states any poster in our forum who brings up the following topics ever is immediately banned and , if geography is favorable, subsequently stoned by peasants while they walk naked down the streets a la Cersei Lannister

the topics being:

-"We should consider trading Wentz" 

-"Wentz totally is a big question mark I mean look at RGIII guys!!!!"

I think Foles stays for the 2018 season. He’s on a good contract for being a Super Bowl MVP back-up to Carson, and has the temperament to avoid any type of controversy that would cause problems amongst his brothers and/or the coaching staff. 

8 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

I’ve always liked Nick, wasn’t even mad when we signed him, but is there a single thing he’s better at than Carson?

Touch on his deep throws maybe? When Foles is comfy and in a groove, he's got such a pinpoint deep ball. It's not beautiful and kind of floats up there but damn it'll be on the money.

Maybe intangibles like poise, calmness, etc.? I don't know, just grasping at straws. Wentz is clearly the superior QB right now, and he's only been the in the league for 2 years. This shouldn't really be a discussion among Eagles fans who witnessed all season just how special Carson is.

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Touch on his deep throws maybe? When Foles is comfy and in a groove, he's got such a pinpoint deep ball. It's not beautiful and kind of floats up there but damn it'll be on the money.

Maybe intangibles like poise, calmness, etc.? I don't know, just grasping at straws. Wentz is clearly the superior QB right now, and he's only been the in the league for 2 years. This shouldn't really be a discussion among Eagles fans who witnessed all season just how special Carson is.

Foles i think is at his best when he can rip it deep but lets not forget that wentz has the longest in the air td pass this season

9 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yes touch on deep throws is the one thing close to being better even though we saw this year Carson throw some beauties to Ertz, Hollins and Agholor.

Archived