• Denzel Ward [ CB ] Ohio St.
    • Calvin Ridley [ WR ] Alabama
    • Baker Mayfield [ QB ] Oklahoma
    • Orlando Brown [ OT ] Oklahoma
    • Connor Williams [ OT ] Texas
    • Marcus Davenport [ DE ] UTSA

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified

Before complaining about poll options, refer to this thread:-

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/7055-consensus-mock-rules-and-feedback-thread/

Colts Team Needs from https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nfl-team-needs-041500466--spt.html

Indianapolis Colts

Cornerback: With Vontae Davis long gone and Rashaan Melvin’s contract up, Kenny Moore, Quincy Wilson, and Nate Hairston would form the Colts’ nickel-package cornerback trio if the season began today. 2017 second-round pick Wilson couldn’t get on the field until the final month of his rookie year, and neither Moore nor Hairston was a plus contributor. Indianapolis allowed league highs in 20-plus-yard completions (64) and yards per attempt (8.0). 

Pass Rusher: Although Indianapolis’ pass rush improved mildly with the 2017 additions of OLBs John Simon and Jabaal Sheard, Chuck Pagano’s defense still finished 31st in sacks (26) and 26th in QB hits (75). Both on the interior line and off the edge, the Colts need multiple pass-rush reinforcements. 

Offensive Line: Even after GM Chris Ballard knocked his first offseason out of the park, Ballard begins his second year with a needs-filled roster. Wide receiver opposite T.Y. Hilton, a running back complement to Marlon Mack, and inside linebacker also require upgrading. Still most critical is the Colts’ offensive line, a longtime deficiency that must be corrected with Andrew Luck presumed back. Injury-plagued LG Jack Mewhort’s contract is up, and C Ryan Kelly is coming off a disappointing, concussion-ended second year. Right guard and right tackle are perennially up for grabs. 

Results:-

1.Cleveland - Sam Darnold [QB] USC

2.NY Giants - Josh Rosen [QB] UCLA

3.Indianapolis

4.Cleveland(From Houston)

5.Denver

6.NY Jets

7.Tampa Bay

8.Chicago

9.San Francisco

10.Oakland

11.Miami

12.Cincinnati

13.Washington

14.Green Bay

15.Arizona

16.Baltimore

17.LA Chargers

18.Seattle

19.Dallas

20.Detroit

21.Buffalo

22.Buffalo

23.LA Rams

24.Carolina

25.Tennessee

26.Atlanta

27.New Orleans

28.Pittsburgh

29.Jacksonville

30.Minnesota

31.New England

32.Philadelphia

I think while Barkley is enticing, they'll end up opting for the pass rusher in Chubb. I think it ends up being a mistake and Chubb becomes a good but unspectacular player. Barkley will become an elite player and the Colts will regret passing on him despite having found themselves a good DE.

The Colts roster makes me gag. I've hated their roster since 2012 despite having a franchise QB. They consistently have a terrible defense, a terrible offensive line, and no running game to speak of.

I'd trade the pick if I were them. If not, I'd personally take Barkley. I think they will end up taking Chubb though.

I voted Chubb(1)/Barkley(2)

Barkley is imo a much better overall prospect than Chubb is, so I'm going in that order...

Chubb might play a more important position, but I'd argue that the Colts desperately need an offensive release valve to prevent Luck from dying on the field (assuming Luck is ever going to be the same again, depending on how much stock you put into rumors)... Barkley can be that guy, imo.

Archived