• Vita Vea [ DT ] Washington
    • Tremaine Edmunds [ ILB ] Va. Tech
    • Denzel Ward [ CB ] Ohio St.
    • Calvin Ridley [ WR ] Alabama
    • Orlando Brown [ OT ] Oklahoma
    • Connor Williams [ OT ] Texas
    • Derrius Guice [ RB ] LSU

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/2018 at 08:47 PM

PLEASE READ THESE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR VOTING:

• Each poll will last 24 hours 
  • There are two polls, one to cast your first choice, one to cast your second preference
  • The player with the most votes from BOTH polls, will be declared the pick
  • There will be no run-offs
  • If you vote for the same player in both polls, your vote(s) will be disqualified

Before complaining about poll options, refer to this thread:-

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/7055-consensus-mock-rules-and-feedback-thread/

BrownsTeam Needs from https://sports.yahoo.com/2018-nfl-team-needs-041500466--spt.html

Indianapolis Colts

QB - Resolved with Darnold at 1. 

Wide Receiver: The Browns are brimming with pass-catcher potential in Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, and David Njoku, but production is lacking. Albeit due mostly to horrendous injury luck, Coleman has only 718 yards through two seasons. Gordon seems on the right track, but Cleveland can’t rely on him. Njoku is coming off an inconsistent, underutilized rookie year. Perhaps they only need one more player, but the Browns have to secure a pass-catcher upgrade, ideally at wide receiver. 

Defensive Back: Running back with Isaiah Crowell’s contract up, left tackle if Joe Thomas retires, and outside pass rusher opposite Myles Garrett also qualify as arguable or potential needs. DC Gregg Williams complained about his personnel late in the season, saying he didn’t have good enough corners to play man coverage after using box-safetyJabrill Peppers as the deepest free safety in the league. In mock drafts, the Browns have been heavily linked to versatile Alabama S/CB Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Results:-

1.Cleveland - Sam Darnold [QB] USC

2.NY Giants - Josh Rosen [QB] UCLA

3.Indianapolis

4.Cleveland(From Houston)

5.Denver

6.NY Jets

7.Tampa Bay

8.Chicago

9.San Francisco

10.Oakland

11.Miami

12.Cincinnati

13.Washington

14.Green Bay

15.Arizona

16.Baltimore

17.LA Chargers

18.Seattle

19.Dallas

20.Detroit

21.Buffalo

22.Buffalo

23.LA Rams

24.Carolina

25.Tennessee

26.Atlanta

27.New Orleans

28.Pittsburgh

29.Jacksonville

30.Minnesota

31.New England

32.Philadelphia

Voted Barkley-RB > Nelson-OG

Barkley is the no brainer pick for me.... fills a major spot of need for the Browns and instantly changes their offense.

Backup choice I picked Nelson-OG over Fitzpatrick-FS because he's the hands down best player available for any position on the board (on par with Barkley as one of the drafts only elite prospects).  I like Minkah, but I'm not nearly as high on him as I was on Malik Hooker last year, and I think a top 5 pick is borderline lunacy for a FS I'm not sold on, even if they need one..... Granted, OG is hardly a great position to draft this high either (and I have no idea what Cleveland's OL situation is offhand) but there are very few teams in the league who aren't going to be upgraded by having Nelson in their lineup.

Barkley gets a lot of hype, but I'm not sure he's going to live up to it, depending on what a team wants to do schematically he could struggle. Put him in space and he will make defenders look silly. Ask him to read his blockers and take what the defense is giving him he is going to have to learn to curb his natural instinct to try and take every carry 80 yards at the expense of a good 5-6 yard carry on first down.

I votes Minkah as a guy who can fill multiple roles on a defense and be a difference maker.

Boy I don't expect a lot of people to understand what the Browns have, but some of these comments perplex me.

First of all, the pick is Barkley 100%.

Secondly, why would we taken an OG? I understand Nelson is a monster. He's got a 99 overall grade for me (highest I've ever had since officially grading in 2012), but we need a guard like we need a hole in the head. Which one of our young pro bowl guards are we going to move to the bench when we draft Nelson? None of them can play tackle. None of them can play center (we already have a solid starter at C anyways). Nelson makes zero sense as there's nowhere to insert him into the starting lineup.

Thirdly, about Fitzpatrick. He basically does what Jabrill Peppers does. I'm not drafting a dude that played purely SS and moving him to FS. Especially at pick #4. You're taking Fitzpatrick's best traits (run instincts, blitzing, man coverage) and moving him to FS and hoping he figures out how to play the position. No thanks. And if your argument is to keep Peppers at FS, then the move doesn't maximize our defenses potential. If we needed a SS, I'd be more incline to listen to Fitzpatrick at #4. But I'd rather have Derwin James anyways at FS or SS to be honest. Our safety situation is kind of screwy. We have Kindred, who is a pure SS and more than capable of being a starter. Plus he's only 24 years old. So I'd have a hard time moving Peppers to SS regardless of who we got at FS. It'd put a good young player on the bench, which we can't afford. What we need is a PURE FS to pair with Kindred. We could then move Peppers to the Nickel role where he excelled in college. Basically he's the weak OLB in your nickel package now and you can play all sorts of games with him. To me, that's exactly what you'd be doing with Fitzpatrick. We don't need both Fitzpatrick and Peppers. Could Fitzy be a better FS than Peppers? Probably, but I'm not playing a guessing game on a dude with the #4 overall pick. It'd be what we did last year all over again: Take a SS and eliminate his best traits by playing him 30 yards away from the action.

I think that we trade the pick, but of all the guys available, you take one of:

1. Barkley

2. Fitzpatrick

3. Ward/best CB

They are the best players at their respective positions (or perhaps the entire draft) and they all also fill the biggest need.

Nelson MAY be the best player in the draft, but they have 2 Pro Bowl caliber OGs with Bitonio and Zeitler, who they gave BIG MONEY deals and extensions to last year. They aren't going anywhere any time soon.

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Went with Barkley for the first choice.

Chose Edmunds as the second choice. Grabbing the leader on offense and defense for the next decade could be an interesting combo. 

Edmunds would start over...which one of our linebackers?

Christian Kirksey, who's the leader of our defense and still only 25 years old?

Jamie Collins, who just got a fat contract, is a great fit for Gregg Williams' defense, and is only 28 years old?

Joe Schobert, who just made the pro bowl in his first season as a starter, and is only 24 years old?

We have no need for Edmunds. He'd give us a miniscule upgrade at best. All our LB corps needs is depth at MLB and WLB...and a MLB that can cover on 3rd downs.

I know nobody studies teams outside of their own, but it's funny people keep giving the Browns the rare positions that they actually already have an abundance of (OG, LB, DE, SS). Plus we don't need any DT's in case Vita Vea seems like a possibility to anyone. Every other position is a nightmare.

IF the Browns take a Front 7 position player at pick #4, I'm going to laugh, only to keep from breaking something. They don't need Front 7 and desperately need about anything else, besides interior OL and OT isn't a huge priority either.

Archived