Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk what would be stranger if he went to Denver because it was such a rough year albeit QB mostly to blame or that Minnesota ditches all 3 QBs for a new one

john elway can sell the fact that he's signed a vet qb before and they went to 2 super bowls
minnesota is ready to go, they just need a qb they can depend on long term (or even just medium term)

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

john elway can sell the fact that he's signed a vet qb before and they went to 2 super bowls
minnesota is ready to go, they just need a qb they can depend on long term (or even just medium term)

I get that and understand their pitches but it is a strange scenario for Kirk if Denver and Minny if Minny

Wow, that’d be an odd one (Bears-Phins). 

Dolphins run game actually looked competent with Drake/Williams. Plus, they’d lose a third rounder to go up 3 spots. 

The Bears would also lose their bell cow...Cohen looked good but isn’t going to be an every down guy. Landry does help them a lot though and the extra pick is nice.

3 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I don't like this trade for the Bears. I don't think Jarvis Landry is worth Jordan Howard + a swap of high first round picks.

The 3rd round pick (hypotehtically) going with Landry is a bit more valuable than the pick pick swap.

But, I also don't like it for the bears.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

I have a few points on this:

1: Kirk Cousins is not and will never be Peyton Manning.

2. When we got Peyton Manning in 2012, a lot of our good players (Miller, Thomas, Decker, Julius Thomas, Malik Jackson, Derek Wolfe, etc) were young and on rookie contracts. Now, pretty much all of our good players are nearing or over the age of 30 and are on big contracts. (not drafting well in recent years has put us in this position.)

3. We were 5-11 last year and would have to move players like CJ Anderson, Talib, and Darian Stewart to have the cap space to bring Cousins in. If we have to do that, how better would we be, even with Cousins?

Bottom line is that we're not a 30 mil per year Kirk Cousins away from competing, and I think it would be in both parties best interests (Cousins and the Broncos) if he looks elsewhere.

Kirk Cousins is good. Like 12th QB in the NFL good. 

He's about to get an insane contract though. I have to believe it ends up looking really bad in a few years, even if he's above average.

I used to be all-in on the Browns getting Cousins, but when the rumored contract numbers came up, I almost pooped in my pants. He's not even close to being worth 100+ million. That's crazy talk. Someone else can have him for that price.

49 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd love it if the Dolphins and Bears made that trade.

Chicago would get completely hosed... not that I'm complaining.

For it to even be feasible, I think would need to send another draft pick or give them Kenyon Drake.

I actually wouldn't hate that trade from a production standpoint for the bears. Monetarily speaking, it's not great, but they have cap for days. 8 to 11 is largely negligible to me. I'd probably rather have 11 and the third. Howard is a good back, but I don't think he's so good that that he's harder to replace than finding a receiver of Landry's quality (even if he is overrated) elsewhere

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Kirk Cousins is good. Like 12th QB in the NFL good. 

He's about to get an insane contract though. I have to believe it ends up looking really bad in a few years, even if he's above average.

I used to be all-in on the Browns getting Cousins, but when the rumored contract numbers came up, I almost pooped in my pants. He's not even close to being worth 100+ million. That's crazy talk. Someone else can have him for that price.

The Jets fan base on here is so hot and heavy for this guy at virtually any price. I don’t get it 

Archived