Steelers Listening to trade offers for Bryant

DudeWhat???

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Agreed. 

I think the most Pittsburgh can expect out of a deal would be a 5th rounder.

I would be fine with Chicago throwing a 5th for him. While I am not a fan of the drama he seems to have tied to him, Having Kendall Wright be the number one was horrible for Trubisky's development. IDK if Meredith is going to be 100% (though he tore his ACL very early last season so he may be), and I don't want a WR drafted at 8. I think these next 4 years should have a few veterans added to get immediate talent around Tru, then after his 5 years on the rookie deal are up he should be far more a finished product, and we should have several WRs developed into their roles. The FA WRs we could get this year would be able to be moved on from once Tru's contract becomes far more sizable.

Of course, that is just my logic, Pace never seems to read my posts so IDK what will happen.

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Garcon surprised in his time in San Fran, but he’ll also be a 32 year old receiver coming off a season ending neck injury.

Goodwin undoubtedly impressed in 2017, but has one year of productivity to his name. On top of that, he’s a small, one dimensional player. 

Martavis Bryant would come in and automatically be the best receiver on the team while having the size and speed to boot. Money isn’t really an issue with this squad either. 

I don’t see how the find themselves off the table for even inquiring. It’s not like they’re the Chargers or the Vikings at receiver.

The niners WRs are actually better than you give them credit for but the problem is, Bryant is a horrible fit for the west coast offense. His best use is as a deep threat, where he can use his speed and his size as you say. The problem is Garoppolo hasn't shown that he can throw the ball deep down the field. It's actually the only real flaw in his game. 

Bryant is a talented player but his skill set isn't a good fit here and would pair horribly with our quarterback. 

Not a bad thought though, under different circumstances I would be all for it. 

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah, but you know...headache.

Wasn't he crying on social media this past season about his role in the offense? 

He did, and I'll concede this is an issue. This being said, his role did take a significant hit with the development of Juju Smith Schuster as the #2. 

His emotions got the best of him, but that doesn't diminish his talents as a WR. If you can make him the centerpiece of that O and give him a ton of targets, he'll fall in line quickly.

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Shanahan would have to get him to put forth 100% effort on every play and stay focused first to get those results. That would mean whole lot of "hey, MB....how the heck are going to let a 5'10 CB physically out-play you off the LOS" and  ..."next time turn around and look for the ball....you know this offense by now, get it together".

I don't think this is an issue - I mean, I get it, but I don't think anyone ever accused him of being a loader on the field or somebody who didn't get the playbook.

Maybe this does become an issue. I remember the Shannahan offense was super easy for WRs to pick up during it's run in Houston.

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's not just his off-field issues those. Neither his cieling or his on-field production thus far in 3 years(I don't count rookie years for WR's) is worth a first round talent based on what he has shown. All head-case issues aside I would rather take my chances on a high-profile type of talent in the first round than I would Bryant. Seriously man. I have seen every Pitt game for the last like 3 decades and I'm telling you.....go back and watch those games and you will see first hand just bad he can be AT TIMES. Dropping passes or not fighting for the ball, not finishing routes, being lazy and rounding those out and cut-patterns...etc.

The man is not worth it. I would take my chances.

I’ve seen every Pitt game too and I disagree. Yeah he’s inconsistent but he has first round talent for a wr. If he didn’t have the off field issues when he came out of Clemson he would have went round 1 IMO. Most mocks had him mocked to round 2 even despite his off the field issues.

2 hours ago, N4L said:

The niners WRs are actually better than you give them credit for but the problem is, Bryant is a horrible fit for the west coast offense. His best use is as a deep threat, where he can use his speed and his size as you say. The problem is Garoppolo hasn't shown that he can throw the ball deep down the field. It's actually the only real flaw in his game. 

Bryant is a talented player but his skill set isn't a good fit here and would pair horribly with our quarterback. 

Not a bad thought though, under different circumstances I would be all for it. 

Goodwin isn't one-dimensional, it's just that he doesn't have a whole lot of dimensions. His work with Jimmy G showed that he can be more than just a deep threat. 

With that said, he's a fine fit in Shanny's system. Goodwin is the type of guy Shanny needs for his system to work.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Of course he’s worth a 4th round pick, heck he’s worth a first on talent and production on the field. The problem is he’s been Josh Gordon off the field. A smart GM wouldn’t trade anything more than a conditional pick for him.

I think both sides would agree to a conditional pick. I'm guessing 1 of the conditions would be him signing an extension. If its just a flat 4th though it isn't much to just cut for either

I don't think that the Pittsburgh Steelers would give Bryant up for just a 5th round pick. I got that there's been issues with him I get that he had a year off but his talent is certainly there he can be a deep threat and the Steelers get more value out of him by keeping him at that point. If it were a 3rd round pick or better I believe that the Pittsburgh Steelers would pull the trigger and I do believe there's teams that they're willing to give that price out he's just depends on team and whether or not the Steelers feel that third round pick benefits them more than Bryant does

I would offer a 5th first along with Kearse so they could have a vet WR to keep the depth at the position.  Kearse has a small cap hit and can be cut with no dead money if they want the cap space instead (gives them options) had a nice season so he could lessen the loss of Bryant and allow PIT to use the extra pick elsewhere.  If they thought the 5th was too low I'd be ok raising it to a 4th.  Couldn't see offering a 3rd rounder, the risk is just too much.

I don't value him much more than a 3rd round pick. His talent exceeds it, but his intelligence is the defining factor.

Steelers don't need him. They should take what they can get and reload some parts on defense, or take the picks to trade up and get a successor to Roethlisberger.

22 hours ago, VanS said:

There's some good talent in the draft this year at WR.  This would be a good move for the Steelers if they can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick out of it.

I've been saying the Steelers should target Antonio Callaway in the draft.  Trading Bryant would open the door to drafting another WR.

There's no way they're getting a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Bryant. He's talented, but has been a head case and lacked great production for them. 0% chance they get anything more than a 4th.

Given that they won't likely get much back for him, I think I'd rather just keep him on the roster if I were Pittsburgh. Unless he's just a miserable cancer.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No, no , no.im saying his talent is like a 1st round player but he’s never been worth that because of off the field issues.

If he had impeccable character he would still not be traded for a 1st round pick. He only knows how to run linear routes, he doesn't play as big as he is, and he's lazy on the field. I don't think he's terrible by any stretch, but he isn't some kind of on-field monster with a checkered past. You're either way overvaluing Martavis Bryant or undervaluing 1st round picks.

Archived