What compensation would you need? 8x8 room, no human contact for 30 days, other stipulations

Dome

1 hour ago, jfinley88 said:

Is there science about this? Prolonged darkness makes you go blind? Link me to this plz if there's any truth to that 

It’s true. But also false. It depends on the age of the person. They’ve done studies where other mammals were subject to similar experiences.

One was done with kittens with minimal light and a variance between one group of kittens being shown vertical lines and the other horizontal lines. Upon leaving the darkness, the kittens could now only recognize depth by means of height (vertical orientation) and means of width (horizontal orientation). The other experiment was done on a kid monkey I think, complete darkness. After a month it was blind only because the retina muscles atrophied.

In adult humans, we would survive for a month as long as we got the necessary amounts of vitamin d.

In terms of the question at hand. I would do this challenge for a minimum of $30,000. I would just pretend that I’m getting paid to sleep.

That said, ideally I would make 500k off of it. That’s enough for me to pay off debts, by a house, and still live comfortably for as long as I have supplemental income.

The first amount would be purely for the challenge of completing something improbable. The second amount for what would provide me peace of mind as I go the through this challenge.

13 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

8x8 is enough for me to get my workouts in, catch up on all the sleep I've missed. No news... no drama... just me and my thoughts. Sounds amazing to me..

Yeah, but the whole probable blindness and only the one nutrition bar isn't gonna do you any favors.  Unless that nutrition bar has about 200 grams of protein in it and you can split it up into 5 pieces a day...

4 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

I don't get guys that use wet wipes to wipe. Do you use TP to get most the ****... then use the wipes to clean up... then TP to dry up. Or is it just straight wet wipes? That sounds like a mess to me. And then you got a wet ******* for like a half hour. Pass. TP gang gang 

Uncivilized. 

1. No wiping.
2. Trash, leaves, etc.
3. Toilet paper.
4. Wipes.
5. Bidet. 

On 3/29/2018 at 3:35 PM, domepatrol91 said:

No cheating the system!!!!!

Youll be given 30 nutrient bars at the start. Ha!

Well, now I have something to do.

- Juggle the nutrient bars, seeing how long I can do so.

- Give the bars names (like Jon, Cersi, Danaryus) and recreate "Game of Thrones" with nutrient bars instead of people.

- Or Breaking Bad.

- Or The Walking Dead.

- Or The Office.

- Probably Game of Thrones, though.

- Take one bar and throw it against the wall as hard as I can and see if I can get the bar to spontaneously combust.

- Stack the bars in intricate designs, see how high I can get the bars, then play Godzilla and knock them over.

- Nutrient bar dominoes? You betcha!

These nutrient bars are my salvation, I tell you.

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, but the whole probable blindness and only the one nutrition bar isn't gonna do you any favors.  Unless that nutrition bar has about 200 grams of protein in it and you can split it up into 5 pieces a day...

Hmmn I didn't see in the OP it would be total darkness. I didn't read the entire thread though so I must have missed that part. I saw no windows but assumed there would some sort of light. That does make it a little less tempting... so I'd probably do it for $200 instead of $100 if that's the case...

On 3/29/2018 at 12:58 AM, cddolphin said:

So I don't think that would be enough to cause insanity. You have the light at the end of the tunnel to console you mentally.

It'd be like a hardcore version of Mr. Popo training Goku.

$200,000 USD

You'd be more like Buu after Piccolo destroys the door to the Hyberbolic Time Chamber.

On 3/31/2018 at 7:37 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

- Give the bars names (like Jon, Cersi, Danaryus) and recreate "Game of Thrones" with nutrient bars instead of people.

- Or Breaking Bad.

- Or The Walking Dead.

- Or The Office.

- Take one bar and throw it against the wall as hard as I can and see if I can get the bar to spontaneously combust.

- Stack the bars in intricate designs, see how high I can get the bars, then play Godzilla and knock them over.

ET on Day 2 as Arya:

giphy.gif

30 days honestly isn't that bad for an event that could potentially secure your families future.  It would suck going through that, but I would do it for millions upon millions and be set for life.  People in prison in PC or in the hole do this type of stuff constantly.

23 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

How about the 30 bars are given to you day 1?

Easy:

On 3/31/2018 at 7:37 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

- Or Breaking Bad.

- Or The Walking Dead.

- Or The Office.

Archived